Chapter 27

"I can't believe you guys outed each other at the same time." Keeva droned on as Isa and I placed our now painted clothes in a clear bag into our back packs. Sometimes Caspien and I had the same thought process. Weird right?

We just finished changing our clothes from showering in one of the private showers and was now back in the locker room.

I pushed a strand of damp hair from my face then stooped lower to tie my shoelaces. "Cade said you and Caspien teamed up to out him." She continued and I listened. "That's so unfair. I wanted someone to out Caspien." In that same moment, the locker room door creaked opened and footsteps invaded my ear along with three pairs of feet. "Don't you guys knock?" I could picture Keeva rolling her eyes right now.

After tucking the excess lace into my shoe, I stood up just in time to see Caspien pulling the towel from around his neck and placing it on my head. He gently started rubbing the cloth against my hair with a small smile on his lips. Seeing that cute, concentrated look on his face made my knees go weak. "Don't want you catching the cold now, do we?" I shook my head slowly, completely immersed in his eyes. I was unable to speak.

"She has hands you know. You don't have to dry her hair yourself." Dylan said, rolling his eyes. Caspien wrapped the towel around my face playfully with a grin before backing away. I laughed softly, unwrapping the towel around my face. Isa gave me a look and I tried figuring it out.

"We should get going. I heard it's raining cats and dogs outside." Cade announced while shrugging on his back pack.

"How bad?" Dylan asked and we all waited for an answer.

"Really bad. We should probably head out before it gets worse." We all nodded in agreement.

So when Cade said it was really bad out there, it was an understatement. It was pouring so heavily that we had to shout to get our voices heard. We quickly retreated back to the lounge area and stood around in wait for the down pour to lessen. I knew earlier looked like the calm before the storm.

We were all sitting on the couch, talking silently and Caspien ran off somewhere. I remained quiet, thinking about how bad everything looked outside. The thought of that alone made my fingers twitch ever so slightly. So much water out there. A visual of me, trying to lift my head above water came to mind and my entire hand was now shaking. "Hey. Come here. It's going to be fine." Dylan pulled me to my feet to embrace me tightly. I rested my head on his chest, my hands limp at my sides. He rubbed circles on my back as I took deep breaths.

Caspien rounded the corner and his eyes immediately assessed Dylan and I's position. His face remained completely blank and composed. I would be lying if I said that was the reaction I wanted from him. This didn't affect him so that meant he had no interest in anything of that sorts. That kind of crushed me.

"It's not getting any better out there and this place wants to close up for the day so we have to get out on the road." The words 'out there' and 'road' made bile rise in my throat. I pulled away from Dylan, passing a hand through my hair tiredly.

I was hoping that we could just stay here for the remainder of the heavy rainfall but no. Of course I wouldn't get my way. "Okay, Cade and I drove here so we'll just go with the girls." Dylan told Caspien and he shrugged disinterestedly. "Okay Lenna, let's go."

"I'll drive her back." Caspien stated and Dylan scowled. Isa and Keeva were both ready to leave and were waiting for the green light.

"Lenna is ombrophobic and astraphobic. I think it is best she stays with me." Dylan announced.

Caspien ignored his comment by walking off. He then threw over his shoulder, "Whatever you guys choose. Figure it out." I sensed a change in mood from Caspien. It happened often now. If he didn't once explain to me how much The Society expects them to change their personality and sometimes his real personality leaked, I would have thought him bipolar.