Chapter 29

*Caspien's POV*

"Aaah, Caspien Moreeves. Can't say I expected you to show up here." Libion said, a British accent lingering on his tongue. A forced smile tugged at my lips and he jumped down from the table he was sitting on.

I remained quiet, assessing the man's features. He was tall with dark skin and dreadlocks that reached his shoulders. His skin was velvet smooth and his eyes a startling grey. "Did you come pay me a visit? Oh what am I saying. Of course not. You Society members never cease to use me." He gave a short laugh, circling his finger on an antique vase. It was then I took in his little shop. The vase shop was a total cover up.

"I'm not here under The Society." I informed him and his eyes snapped to mine. Curiosity danced in his eyes as he walked around a tall, round table a few times.

"Interesting. So then who sent you on such a long journey? Not to mention the rough search you might have underwent, because everyone know I'm not one to easily track." His voice was smooth and almost mesmerising.

"I came here on my own, Libion. I have a question." I told him and he plopped down on a couch with a cross of his leg. He threw his hands to the back of the couch with a smirk.

"The Society should have all the answers you're looking for. Unless...you have something to hide." His grey eyes landed on mine and I was startled for a split second. "But you're in luck." He announced cheerfully, his hands tapping his leg twice. "I like going against The Society. It brings out the rebellion in me." He poured out some whiskey into a glass then tipped the bottle towards me. "Whiskey?" I shook my head. "Suit yourself."

"What is the meaning of a charge seeing a Society member in their dreams?" His brows furrowed as he brought the glass to his lips. "The Society has always told us it wasn't possible but they never said why." He swallowed, pulling the glass away from his lips.

"That's just how things have always been. Society DNA inhibits the human mind from attaching themselves to you. Dreams are influenced by reality but Society members under Ardenine is not necessarily real. The version created of the person is like a block to reality." My jaws clenched.

"So what does it mean if they do dream?" I said impatiently.

"It means that human is emotionally attached to you." I paused, the brunette flashing through my mind for a split second. "Their feelings deeply connects to you. They've become so drawn that a Society member starts popping up in their dreams, filtrating their thoughts." This was bad. This was really bad. I told her not to get attached.

"How is that problem solved?" I asked, trying to get as much info as possible. I had to snap Milenna out of it while it's just the beginning. I would do whatever it took to not let her go down that road. I told her it wasn't possible for me to stay here and yet she was letting herself trail on that path. I would only hurt her in the end. I had to leave anyway.

"It may go away on its own. Only time can tell."

"So the Society member just has to wait for her to lose interest?" He nodded and something about that unsettled me. Lose interest. It surprised me how much that two words affected me. I felt a bit down-spirited. "Let's not depend on time for this. Aren't there other methods?"

"I guess they can remind him or her that this isn't something that can work out. He or she will eventually accept it. Even if he or she doesn't there's always the erase effect." I cleared my throat quietly. The Society always erased a subject's memories of us but I was hoping to give Milenna a pass. I don't think I wanted Milenna to forget me. I couldn't believe I was saying this. Besides, the erase effect was done at the end of the mission not during. What if The Society found out before that?