Pain

This would be like, the alternative if you aren't happy with the last one. This time Cal dies 2 years after War Storm, but what if Maven was still alive, and his mother's whispers consumed him?

Maven's POV

Today's his funeral.

A dark, gloomy sky with fog distorts the faces of the people there, but I know who is who just the same.

I know I should feel remorse for a wicked crime I committed, but I can no longer feel such a thing. It's not like it's the first time anyway.

I watch from a careful distance, obscured by the woods and the haunting air, staring at the looks on their faces. No one knows who did this to him. I intend to keep it that way.

My eyes drift from person to person, and eventually rest on Mare. Her face is red, eyes puffy, tears streaming down her cheeks as she buries her dead lover six feet below the lush, bright green grass- a stark contrast to the gray sky. Her gown is ink black, the same color as the rest of the mourners. She looks thinner that I remember, due to lack of eating, I suppose. When she finishes, she steps back, into the embrace of her family, touching her ear and knuckles. Why, I cannot say. Unless... it clicks. Tomorrow was supposed to be her- their wedding. I grin at the thought. If I can't have her, neither can my perfect brother.

Mare's POV

It shouldn't have been this way, I think as I bury the man I love. By tomorrow, we would have stood at the alter to finally pledge our vows. It seems that we never get what we want, do we? Now all I have left of him is the earring and the ring. Both are silver with the red jewel on top. He was left with nothing. Nothing except me. I back away, holding on to Kilorn. My shaking fingers graze my earring and ring, before sobbing my heart out once more.

But when push comes to shove, I will fry the person who took away my anchor, my beloved, from this world. Inside and out.

Kilorn's POV

She was supposed to be Mare Calore by tomorrow. And now she's just an engaged widow. I was supposed to be his best man. And to think I hated him long ago. I thought I was the one to grow old with her, raise children with quick feet, her personality, and my last name. But the truth was that he held her heart since the day they met. I can't get angry over that, since he was a good friend of mine. And especially while I mourn his passing. My arms wrap around her tightly as her tears stain my suit. I remember my promise to him before his heart failed. Take care of her for me, will you?I will.

Farley's POV

No one understands what Barrow must be feeling- except me. After all, the same thing had happened to me. But at least she didn't carry the burden of a child with no father. Clara clutches my side, sniffling. Amazing how a toddler understands death. I have to admit, I was not fond of their relationship at first, but I guess now that we're at Calore's funeral... I sigh, with watering eyes. I'll probably never admit this to anyone, but he was the only Silver I respected. I gaze at his stone, then averted my attention to her, knowing she will never be the same.

Maven's POV

Once the ceremony is over, it starts to rain. I sneer. Even the sky mourns for his loss. 

Okay....... I wrote this a pretty long time ago. I think I wrote this 'cause nobody cares to write death scenes? So I give this piece to you.

This is the third writer speaking, and have a good day.🙂