This Is Why We Can't Go To My House

So I decided to do this because it has to have happened at some point.

(After Broken Throne)

For the first time in a long time—scratch that, this was the very first time she was able to go out with her friends.

But her friends wanted to go to her house.

"Are you serious?! This is the first time I'm going out with you—"

"So?"

"You know what? Fine. Fine. I'm not arguing." She couldn't, actually. They were the first group of friends she was a part of. 

The past years of school were weird, considering everyone just...avoided her and her brother. It wasn't like they were troublemakers—in fact, their grades were above average. Shade and Coriane wanted to complain to their parents, but unfortunately for the first ten years of their life, their father wasn't always home.

Things started looking up when they entered their teens—instead of six months, he was gone for a maximum of four months every two.

Coriane grumbled when she and the other girls reached the garage, as she saw the cycle with scattered parts surrounding it.

"Oh my—"

"Hey, Cori. Uh, why are they—"

They're not staring at you, she wanted to snap. The girls were about a year older than Shade, so the only person they could possibly be staring at would be...

Gross.

Cal Calore was a man in his mid-thirties, happily married and with two loving teenagers that have abilities.

And the schoolgirls were giggling as he stretched. What the—

He didn't notice until too late, and the tips of his ears turned gray.

"Um, Dad, we decided to change our mind about going out." Coriane shifted her feet.

"I can see that." His eyes hardened as he failed to contain his blush.

"Shade! Where is your sister? Is she—" Mare halted when she saw the cluster of people in the garage.

"Hi Mom." 

"What did I tell you about bringing friends over?" Now she was blushing.

"I know, but can they stay awhile?"

...

Coriane was rolling her eyes while listening to Shade ramble.

"Oh my—they looked so hot."

"A shame that they were staring at Dad instead of you."

"They were?" The change of expression evident of his disappointment. 

She huffed. "Yes, they were. There's more meat on a dog bone than your stomach, and he has a six-pack with well muscled arms." Coriane grimaced as she quoted her friends.

I have to be honest, I was cringing the whole time I wrote this bit.

This is the third writer typing, and have a good day🙂