Soulmate au

Yes, I am completely aware that these exist plenty, but it's just a one-shot, don't worry. This is where you get a symbol of the ability of your soulmate.

This is after he meets her at the tavern. Lowkey spoiling.

This was the day of Queenstrial. The day Cal would be paired up with a powerful woman, but he couldn't help but glance at the small marks on the inside of his wrist. They were always there, ever since the day of his birth. 

He remembered very faintly of his mother telling him tales of the Fortunate Ones; the ones who were gifted with the mark, a symbol of who their soul-mate was.

It was practically an impossibility. They were just stories to keep a bubbling child happy with fantasy, right?

Well it seemed like his whole life was a fantasy. A charming, handsome prince looking for the most powerful princess to marry, hopefully running into someone that would forever change his life.

He glanced back at his marks. A peculiar symbol, it was. Nothing more than just zig-zagged lines. Then he thought about the girl—Mare, that was her name—who tried to pick his pockets. As he grabbed her wrist, he saw the mark inside hers.

A flame.

But she was just a lowly Red. No way he would ever see her again. Probably running away, as she told him as part of her plan hours ago. But he got her a job. There was a possibility. However, her soul-mate could be Cal's brother. He had taken an interest in a Red before, but as far as he knew, Mavey had no mark.

What had snapped him to the present was a servant falling into the electrical shield. But they hadn't combusted. In fact, it seemed to fuel the servant, and soon the shield dissolved.

Wait a minute.

The servant was Mare.

He finally understood, after 19 years, what the marks were.

Bolts. Of lightning.

Btw, should I do a face reveal? I feel like I might, yet I don't want to, I don't know.This is the third writer typing, and have a good day.🙂