//2//

THE ALPHA OF ALL ALPHAS

KRUEL's P.O.V

It had been two days since we put Demitria to rest and Zarya had been doing her best to get over her best friend's death but I knew my sister better than anyone.

I guess you could call it a twin's intuition.

It was taking quite the toll on her and I was worried about her but I knew when to try to console her and when to let her feel her feelings.

She was strong.

She would get passed through it.

We all would.

Somewhere between handling some pack paperwork, I temporarily detached myself from my emotions. Work needed to be done and as much as I knew we were grieving, the pack had to pick itself up.

"Knock, knock." My beta peeked his head into my office and proceeded to come in without my permission.

Deciding to ignore him like I usually did, I spared him a brief glance before carrying on with my business.

"Well good afternoon to you too." He sarcastically said, making his  way further into the room and closing the door behind him. I looked at him again and then back at the paperwork. "Why, thank you. I will take a seat." He sat on the couch adjacent to my desk.

"The hell you want?" I asked once I put the files that were in my hand to the side. He stared at me unnecessarily long and I couldn't help the heavy sigh and eye roll that I gave. "Use your words, Christian."

"How's Zarya doing?" And just like that, Mr. Comedian was gone.

"As far as I know, you're her mate. You should know how she's doing." I raised an unimpressed eyebrow at him.

"Well, that's kind of hard seeing as she hasn't spoken to me since Demitria's burial." His tone seemed a little irritated. That was unusual, "I'm trying to give her space and all, but it's getting harder by the minute. I can feel everything she's feeling and it's all thanks to the fucking mate bond." He stood from his seat and paced back and forth in the small space.

I had seen many sides to Christian but never in all my years of being his best friend had I ever witnessed an angered Christian.

"Why is she doing this to me?! I have every fucking right to know  what's bothering her and how  she's coping!!" He growled out, his eyes shifting from greento gold.

Well, this was definitely new.

"Why don't you take a breath? Hm?" I suggested and he took my advice. He breathed in slowly and let it out but just when we finally made progress, Zarya walked in and Christian's eyes began to shift again.

Oh fucking great!! Note the sarcasm.

Christian stormed out of my office just as Zarya came in and when she tried to go after him, I pulled her back.

"Let him go. He needs this." She thought my words over for a while before nodding slowly. "What do you have there?" I asked, referring to the envelope she had in her hand.

"It's an Order." She responded.

"An Order?" I couldn't remember the last time an order was sent out. It must've been when my father was still alpha. "What does it say?"

"In summary, it requests that you and every other Alpha meet up." She explained.

"Who requested this?" I took the envelope from her hand and opened it.