//27//

KNIFE THROWING

AZAZEL's P.O.V

Kruel and I left the house about an hour ago. He barely spoke to me as we drove into the human city and I wasn't complaining. I just didn't like how he never really spoke what he thought.

He was my exact opposite.

Literally.

I still wondered what made him so feared. If I was being completely honest, I didn't see him do anything that could be labelled as lethal. If anything, he was just a less jokey version of Christian.

"Stop talking about our mate that way." Athena chastised.

"Have you ever seen Kruel do any of the things people said about the second most feared alpha?" I asked dryly.

"Maybe he was feared for other kinds of things."

"Like what exactly? Taking little children out for ice-cream?" Sarcasm coating my words.

"You don't know that part of him because you've never asked him. I think you're lucky he even puts up with you as a mate."

"What the hell are you implying?" She knew that making me angry was bad for our health but she never really thought about that, did she?

"That you're a really good person with a personality more shitty than what Pandora pushes you to be." She put a barrier between us and it just pissed me off more.

I closed my eyes and took a really deep breath before feeling a hand on mine that was placed on my lap.

"You okay?" Kruel asked, not keeping his eyes off the road.

"Yeah. I was just having a little conflict with my wolf." I admitted holding onto his hand a little tighter. "How much further?"

"We're almost there." He flashed me a smile before turning his attention back to the road.

***

"Where are we going?" I asked as Kruel led me through an enchanted forest, as he teasingly called it. We couldn't drive through because the path wasn't wide enough for a car and I honestly got tired of almost tripping over tiny stones.

"It's a surprise." He responded with a smirk but I wasn't buying it. I wanted to know.

"Kruel, come on. Just tell me." I hated surprises and I couldn't stand human environments but being the mate that he was, he left me to dread being here.

We made it out of the forest and onto a less dusty path which meant I couldn't trip on any rocks and my black boots wouldn't carry much dust.

I still hated the surrounding though.

I could smell humans and all their weird body odours from miles away and it was making me sick.

"Are you okay?" Kruel asked when I couldn't stop sneezing.

"No." I sneezed again, "The mixture of scents is too strong for my lycan sense of smell."

"It would've been nice to know you had allergies before I planned this entire day out." He said quietly, not looking at me. "I assumed you were immune to many things because of being a tribrid and all, but I guess I was wrong."

I didn't respond to that. My nose wouldn't allow me to focus on anything but the unbearable humans. I tried working my body to take in less air and it worked for the most part. I let my mate lead me to the 'surprise' as I kept my attention to the ground.