//14//

SHOW ME

⚠TRIGGER WARNING⚠: This chapter contains events that may be inappropriate (triggering) for certain readers so if you do decide to read it, you're reading at your own risk.

✠✠I'm terrible at giving any kind of warning so please bear with me.✠✠

KRUEL's P.O.V

"So.... what exactly do you do when you're not running the pack?" Azazel asked in a bored tone. We had just finished eating and, surprisingly, Azazel did the dishes. Now she's playing with salt after my efforts of pretending to clean the counter just so I could be close to her.

"I run this company somewhere in the human territory." I shrugged.

"Do you do anything that doesn't involve work? I mean... besides taking Serenity out for ice-cream." She rolled her eyes, leaning back in her seat, crossing her arms over her chest with a raised brow. I swear the Moon Goddess created my mate for the sole purpose of distracting me.

"I train my pack everyday before sunrise. Which I haven't had much time for seeing as one side of my training field is still burnt."

"Don't give me that face. You disrespected me and it was a fair warning but you didn't even get the hint." She seemed agitated but then she took a deep breath. "I didn't mean to hurt you like that. I was just trying to get a message through but I didn't mean to take it that far."

"Then what happened?" I was just as agitated with what happened now. She almost killed me.

'But she didn't, so don't fucking push her. She has issues and as her mate, you're supposed to help her deal with her issues.' Eren advised, as usual.

'She doesn't know that I know about her curse and the fact that she's a tribrid.' I sent back as calmly as possible.

"I do, actually." My head immediately shot up to look at Azazel who was already looking at me.

"What?"

"I know you know... things about me that you shouldn't. Trenen told you knowing I'd find out anyway. He told me that you knew how to stop the curse and that's why he hasn't taken me to see the witch for my appointments." She responded emotionlessly. "I'm going to skip the part about how I'm a tribrid and when the curse started because it isn't something I want to talk about. What makes you think a mere werewolf like you can stop the curse?"

"I'd like to know who Pandora is first?" At this, she furrows her eyebrows at me in something I could only call concern.

"She's this... voice in my head always pushing me to hurt people. She speaks to me through my lycan side and my wolf is at constant battles with her."

"And the Wandering Soul?"

"I honestly don't know. The only conclusion every witch had was that it was passed down to me from one of my ancestors."

"And you believe that crap?" I scoffed.

"Of course not. None of my ancestors were cursed so all the witches came up with the same story just so my father wouldn't rip their heads off." She shrugged.

I studied her for a bit. This troubled her more than she led on. She built an exterior over her true self just so she could match up to her actions.

"Come with me." I said standing from my seat and walking to the back door.

She rolled her eyes at me but stood up nevertheless.

***

The sun had set a while back. I took Azazel for a walk to make her feel better and it looked like it was working. She would space out sometimes but our conversations were light and that Wandering Soul tribrid shit was long forgotten.