//13//

ICE-CREAM

AZAZEL's P.O.V

We were thirty minutes into the drive when Kruel and Serenity argued over which ice-cream was better; Chocolate mint or caramel chestnut.

I had to agree with Kruel on this one. Crunchy ice-cream didn't sound so appealing. I mean.... I've had a handful of ice-cream experience and the caramel chestnut was the worst. The thought alone sickens me.

"Princess, chestnut ice-cream is disgusting. It's like eating peanut butter in whip cream." Kruel told Serenity, staring at her through the rear view mirror.

"Chocolate mint is like eating terrible vegetable soup." Well, that was one hell of a comeback from Serenity.

"Okay, let's try something. You eat my favorite ice-cream and I eat yours." Kruel suggested, a smirk playing on his lips.

"Eww... No. I will not eat your vegetable soup."

"C'mon princess, it's a fair deal. I don't even eat chestnut. You know what happens to me."

"Yeah, but it only lasts for like three minutes." I looked in the back to see Serenity pouting.

"Have you ever tried chocolate mint ice-cream before, little one?" I asked Serenity.

"No."

"Then how do you know it tastes like terrible vegetable soup?"

"I--" She paused, thinking over it. "It just doesn't sound good."

"Then give it a try." With that, I looked back out of my window.

Kruel parked by the parlour and I snickered at the cliché set up. A giant chocolate ice-cream hanging on the roof of the parlour.

"Look princess, even the sign screams chocolate mint." Kruel pointed towards the giant ice-cream.

"Daddy," she started glaring at Kruel, "don't." She raises her forefinger up, telling him not to utter another word.

Kruel gets out of the car and opens the door for Serenity as she hops out. Holding her tiny hand in his, he turned to look at Zion who didn't get out of the car.

"Coming?" Kruel asked Zion with a raised brow.

Zion looked at the number of people inside.

"No thanks, Alpha." He responded looking at his lap.

"Mate, are you coming?" Kruel now asked me, leaning on the seal of the driver's window.

"I don't fancy human environments."

"So no?"

"No Kruel. No."

"Okay." With that, he left with the little one.

As I watched Kruel and Serenity laugh at someone who stood a few feet away from them, I noticed Zion shift uncomfortably.

"You don't talk much, do you?" I asked still staring at Kruel and his childishness.

"I do. Just not to people of ranking."

"Did your parents teach you that nonsense?" Something about old tradition didn't sit well with me. I changed every sick law my father came up with. I threw all his advisory team out of the pack right after taking the title. I'm considered the most feared alpha for what my father did and outsiders believe I'm exactly like him.

But they are wrong. They're all wrong.

I don't care about their beliefs as I prefer to uphold a name I know I earned for the things I did.