like the ariana grande song?

At those few words she said, my breath hitched in my throat and my mind couldn't help but to run with all the possible situations.

I wasn't really worried for my sake, I've been using guns and other weapons with the gang for a little over a year now. But knowing how Naomi typically felt about firearms made me weary of the situation.

Plus we're on the opposite side of the generally populated area of the school, unarmed, and in the open.

I crossed my fingers and placed my hands on top of my head while Naomi started pacing, starting again her nervous habit of biting her nails.

"Does that mean it's an active shooting?" I asked her calmly.

"No. It-it just means that the weapon has been si-sighted and we're placed on level 3 lock down until the officials can get he-here and confiscate it," she seemed rather level-headed, stammering only a little.

"Hey, hey," I called her, I felt bad how uneasy she felt, "c'mere. It'll be ok, we're on the opposite side of the school. I gotchu," I wrapped my arms around her small frame and embraced her for a couple of minutes.

We swayed peacefully and when I felt Naomi squeeze my torso, I realized how much I should appreciate this moment we're having together.

The only time I was ever truly alone with Naomi is in chem and that's never really a special mood setting.

I started rubbing my hand vertically along her spine and our breath of a moment was rudely interrupted by loud jiggling of the doors to the West wing hall.

Instantly, I let go of Naomi and pulled her to the side basically inside the old janitors closet. I started to close the door but it gave a miniature 'squeak' making me stop immediately and leaving the door partially cracked open.

Turning to face Naomi, her breathing started to get heavier as we heard the conversation of a couple voices after the got the double doors to full open.

"Damnit, you can't do anything right can you?" Naomi inhaled sharply with this person's voice. I quickly placed my hand gently across her mouth and making a 'shush' movement with my hand.

"I'm sorry man. I was just trying to get it from my locker to inside my backpack-"

"I don't want to hear excuses. Now the police are already on there way and we haven't gotten anything done," the first voice cut over the second.

"What are we going to do? I don't wanna go to jail man! I-i-" a third voice interjected and was panicked.

"Oh shut up. We're going to run-" a loud noise interrupted their conversation.

It was the sound of hard plastic against even harder plastic.

When I realised that the noise had come from a foot away from us, it was too late.

No time to catch it, the broom previously leaning against the wall hit the floor with a rattling sound and it gave away our hiding spot instantly.

There was an instance of silence before voice number one called out.

"Show yourself, or we'll drag you out."

I swallowed the lump that had formed in my throat and put my hands in front of me, motioning Naomi to stay here.

I started to open the door, but only just enough to let myself out. I turned once more to the look at the fearful girl behind me 

Naomi looked on the verge of tears when she realized what was going on.

I was about to go face to face with a group of armed, somewhat angry boys, unarmed and alone.

I exited the janitors closet with arms raised and an amused expression danced in the eyes of whom I believed was the leader.