heads stacked on top of heads

Naomi

What was that?

WHO was that?

Why are they here? Were they following us? What do they want? And what about Declan?

Bennett?

Questions were running a hundred miles per hour in my mind and the room felt like it was spinning.

The vivid green eyed boy's hand was covering my mouth as his body pressed against mine.

Jordan's eyes were currently slitted while he focused on listening to the voices at the front door.

"Anyone here?" One gruff voice shouted into the room.

There was a blanket on the ground behind the couch where we were hiding.

"You two check upstairs, we'll check the kitchen and clear this room," a deeper voice instructed.

Jordan slowly slipped his hand off of my mouth as the two quietly snuck up the iron steps. The idiots ran right past us.

We listened to the foot steps retreating into the kitchen and to check out the garage.

"Jordan," I harshly whispered to him, "what's the plan?"

He bit his light pink, bottom lip in between his teeth in thought.

"We have two options," he started saying, peeking out from behind our little corner, "One, we sneak out of here and run out into the street, not the wisest in my opinion. Or two, we try and take 'em out."

His eyes sparkled when he met my wide orbs.

"Are you crazy? Me, a 5'4 foot tall nerd and you a-" I paused to find the right word, but couldn't.,"-a-a JORDAN?" I asked him, worried about his state of mind.

"Naomi, I know I may not be the complete meat package like Declan," I rolled my eyes at this," but I have some tricks up my sleeve since I'm not completely brawn."

"Do you have that can of pepper spray or taser Bennett got you somewhere near?" Jordan asked, still rather close to me from our compromising position.

"Yea. It's in my bag near the door." I nodded in that direction.

"Okay," Jordan nibbled on his lip while he thought some more.

"I doubt they have any actual weapons. Maybe knives, but that's not bad."

Not bad??

"I'll take the idiots that ran upstairs, you can take the ones down here. The trick is to be stealthy. Don't let them know you're coming. Just pepper spray and tie them up, there is some rope in the top drawer of the tv stand," Jordan explained, slowly lifting himself off of me.

"Why is there rope in the top drawer of the tv stand?" I questioned, really confused why it would be there.

"That's for me to know, and for you to never know," he winked before scoping out the living room once again.

"I mean, unless you wanna-," he wiggled his eyesbrows as I covered my mouth and held my stomach as if I was about to puke.

Once the coast was clear, he helped me up , and Jordan scattered up the steps quietly.

I tiptoed to my backpack that was slumped against the wall, pulling out my trusty-dusty can of manaway and I slipped the portable taser into my pocket.

That's exactly why Bennett got it for me, to keep the boys running.

Opening the tv stand's drawer, I found the bundles of rope and I shrug them onto my shoulder like a bag.