cheesy pick-up lines

Bennett

I am so damn bored.

The tables around me were filled with strangers wearing stiff suits and ball gowns.

Not only were the people at the banquet stiff and proper, but the overall feeling of it was pristine.

No flaw seen in sight.

It was obvious, though, that my two closest friends were unwelcomed by the adults, once again.

But the girls like it even more, appreciating that we were sitting together too, for easy access.

The table holding eight place settings was currently taken up by me, Declan, Jordan, and three dates Breanne had found for us.

These girls seemed to have no respect for themselves.

Even though they had almost perfect posture and you could tell their daddies were rich, they continued to shamefully flirt and throw themselves at us.

They continued to readjust their dresses, hoping to make our glances focus on certain body features.

But our looks did not falter. 

Especially since these 3 platinum blondes weren't even close to the girl we all wanted.

Even just as a friend.

We missed Naomi.

And the fact that we had to sit here, brains melting, while we could be with her at the base, playing games, watching movies,  or whatever... it's driving me nuts.

But it was probably for the best...

I know she must hate us for Wednesday night.

Especially me.
And my anger that consumed all rational.

So that's why she's not beside me right not, laughing and joking on the stern appearances of those all around us.

Plus the other empty place setting is meant for Bentley, who has to arrive yet with his escort.

They probably made a pitstop and did some things I'd rather not think about pertaining to my brother.

Just thinking about imagining something like that made me shiver in my seat.

I scanned the room and watched it slowly fill up. My father paraded around the ballroom, a toasting glass in is hand.

Although the dinner invitations asked all guest to arrive at 7, many were still straggling in from the red carpet.

That was an experience all by itself.

Let's just say there were a few vocal press reporters, touching of the subject of Naomi's absence.

'Bennett, who are you wearing tonight?"

'Mr.Frazier, are you still refusing to inherit the company your father has built up? Letting it fall to the waist side?'

'Bennett Frazier, where's your date? and is it the same girls as last time?'

'Mr.Frazier, is it true that you've cut off all connections to Naomi Lorraine?'

The last one stung a bit, not gonna lie.

While Declan zoomed right through the crowd, I stopped every now and then to take a few pictures, answering no questions.

Jordan, on the other hand, stopped for every single press panel.