Chapter nineteen

Imade gasped. "Holy shit, Victor"

Victor looked at her, completely perplexed. "What's wrong?" His eyes trailed to what seemed to catch her attention, and gasped, when he saw a particular bulge. "Jesus Christ."

Three of us were cooling down at the pool side, when my plan unraveled. Tife unfortunately had some personal things to deal with. I actually wished he was here to see this. He would have laughed his eyes off and I wanted to see that.

I had to keep my act together, and pretended to be shocked. "Oh God. That's just—. Wow."

Imade slammed her magazine down, and turned her head to him. "What the hell are you having a boner for? Get it together."

His cheeks flushed. "Shit. I don't know. I'm trying. It's not—"

Imade seemed to forget that I was here, and began to vent off. "Wetin sef? What the hell? Since we came, you've been a total wreck. Is it nerves? Are your problems getting to you? You need to talk to me. THIS isn't okay."

He frowned. "I'm not trying to mess things up. It's not going down. I swear. I'm trying. It hurts so damn much. I think I might pop a vein."

My eyes widened. That wasn't in the plan. He wasn't supposed to physically get hurt "Are you okay?"

He groaned in pain. "No. No. Not in the slightest."

Imade panicked. "We have to go to the hospital right now. Don't worry, I'll go tell my mo—"

Victor shook his head. "Don't do that. I don't want your parents to see me like this. It would make things worse. Just take me to a local clinic. The hospital's too far and I can't keep up with this pain."

Imade nodded, then looked at me pleadingly. "Can you help me carry him up to your car? I also want you to drive us there. I hope it's not too much to ask."

Of course it was. I wanted him gone from our lives, but I needed to just play along. God knows how much I hated it. "It's no problem. Let's go"

.....
Silence ensued the vehicle, as we drove back home.

I was totally screwed. The damn doctor made it known that it happened because of Viagra. Victor clearly knows that he didn't take any, and had been sending suspicious glances my way.

Victor finally asked, the one thing burning in his head. "Did you do it, Nara?"

Imade gasped. "How can you ask something so insensitive? I'm disappointed in you."

Victor glared at her. "The doctor clearly said that I had an overdose of Viagra in my system. I don't take it, so someone clearly did it. So maybe it's her."

Imade scoffed. "Don't ever ask that again. I trust her. She would never."

I didn't have the heart to reply. I tightened my grip on the steering wheel and drove into the Johnsons' house.

Frowning tightly, Victor dragged his feet out, as Imade clung close to him. I walked right behind them, and we all settled in the living room.

I pulled out my phone and sent a text to Tife, as fast as I could. "Back yet? "

He replied almost immediately. "Not yet. Anything wrong? "

"I think I'm going to get caught. My viagra plan worked too well, that it messed up "

I filled him in, afterwards on what happened. Before I could get his definite reply, Imade's parents burst in, wearing matching worried looks. Mrs. Johnson spoke up first "Where were you guys? You've been gone for over five hours and none of you picked up your phones"

Imade sighed "We were sight seeing and we got caught up in traffic. We're sorry."

Mr. Johnson snorted. "I don't believe you, and I have a feeling it has to do with Victor. You'd only lie to us, when it involves him."

Victor's eyes blazed. "We were at the hospital, sir."

Mrs. Johnson gasped. "Oh God, what happened?"

Imade and Victor shared a look, before Victor explained everything, as precise as he could.

Mr. Johnson rolled his eyes, when Victor spoke, and inquired.  "You're okay now?"

"I don't think I can be, when someone is sabotaging my life."

Mr. Johnson narrowed his eyes "Thread carefully, before you wrongfully accuse someone, for anything here."

"I am threading carefully. I just want to know who the hell wants me out. Is it you, Nara?"

I glared at him.  "You seem so quick to make a damn assumption about me. I'm not the only person here."

"You want me to accuse her parents? I'm not an idiot."

"You probably are. Since, you visibly let yourself get spiked with Viagra"

Mrs. Johnson said. "Let's solve this like adults. Arguments would lead nowhere."

"There's nothing to solve. He's probably lying. He's obviously taking Viagra. And now he's too ashamed to admit it." Mr. Johnson spat.

Imade frowned. "Dad. That's not true."

Imade's father didn't look impressed. "What other explanation is there? He's making a controversy, where there isn't one."

Victor argued. "I didn't use any. I know I didn't."

I pointed out. "Well, I didn't do it."

Victor questioned. "Then who did?"

"I did." A voice said, pulling us out of our conversation.

.......
Hiya everyone, it's good to be back. Please don't forget to vote, if you liked the chapter.
Xoxo
Jasmine