Chapter thirty two

Chapter 32

"Are you okay? It seems like you've been in shock, since you came. Anything I should know about?" Tife questioned me, a few hours after I returned back.

Not wanting to reveal anything, I decided to tease him. "Is this you actually worrying about me?"

He raised his eyebrow. "I always worry about you."

I took an apple from the bowl and chewed on it. "Like an overprotective brother-like kind of way, Or—"

Tife swiped the apple from my hand, taking a huge bite into it. "You're doing that thing, when you try to change the subject in uncomfortable situations."

My voice turned a lot lower than I had intended. "Why would I be uncomfortable? "

Brown eyes raked my face, wearing a twinge of doubt. "That's what I'm trying to figure out."

I took a step forward. Our eyes met. I couldn't resist the smirk on my lips. I really enjoyed catching him off guard. "You're the one uncomfortable right now."

He narrowed his eyes. "Are you trying to seduce me, right now?"

Despite his attempt to stay calm, I noticed how heavy and slow his breathing had become. "What if I am?"

He let out a low growl. It surprised me. "Nara."

I moved even closer. "Hmm?"

With our faces inches apart, he placed his hand under my chin and raised my head. "This has to be completely platonic."

I hummed. "I'm not disputing that."

"And I don't want to hurt you an—"

I didn't give him the chance to finish whatever he had to say, and passionately pressed my lips against his. It was getting harder to keep my hands off him. Not with the way he looked at me or how deliciously sexy I found him.

Tife mumbled. "I swear you'll be the death of me."

A bubble of laughter choked out of my mouth. Tife looked at me. An unusual look warmed his eyes. "You're making this a lot harder than I want to be."

I cocked my head. "You're the one worrying,  not me. It's all in your head."

He pushed a stray lock of my hair away from my face. "I guess it is. I guess I want to hold on to you, more than I want to admit it."

I watched him and said nothing.

Imade's shrill from the next room pulled us apart. "Tife. I need you."

Her voice drew closer, and she paused when she noticed us standing next to each other. "My mistake. I had no idea that I was ruining a moment there."

Tife cleared his throat. "Don't misunderstand things. Nara and I were just talking."

Imade smirked. "I guess you were. But I don't think it explains why you have red lipstick on your lips. I had no idea you were into drag, Tife. Red does look good on you."

Tife wiped his lips furiously and I couldn't help chuckling.

Imade still look amused. "Meet us in the living room. It's time for a little drinking game."

***
Sitting on the sofa opposite Victor,  the only word I could think of was gigolo. Gigolo. Gigolo. Gigolo. Imade was sleeping with a gigolo. A freaking gigolo.

Tife snorted. "I'm not taking part in any of your childish games."

Imade teased. "Afraid that you'd lose?"

He snorted again. "I'm much more concerned that you'd turn to an alcoholic right under my nose."

"You're no fun. I came here to relax. Enjoy the sun. Chill with the ones I love. Nothing more."

Victor chuckled. "We have done all that. Thanks to you, I finally had some rest. Try to appreciate your effort."

I glared. Gigolo. Gigolo. Married Gigolo. This was driving me completely crazy.

Imade shrugged. "I guess, so what should we do?"

Tife suggested. "How about a swimming competition." He pointed at Victor. "You and me. Head to head."

Imade rolled her eyes. "I'm not going to sit down and feed your toxic masculinity. I've had enough of that."

Tife smirked. Using Imade's same words. "Afraid that you'll lose?"

Imade rolled her eyes again. Victor looked interested. "I'm in."

I didn't know what Tife was up to, but the second he took off his shirt, I knew his motive. My eyes trailed around his muscular body, and down to the patch of hair that trailed below his navel. This was his method of payback. His revenge plan to me, for catching him off guard earlier. I smirked. I liked his kind of revenge.

He winked at me. "Like what you see?"

I wasn't going to feed his ego. "I'd like it more if you could actually win."

He leaned closer. "Do you doubt my victory?"

"How can I not? I've watched you lose a lot of competitions over the years. It's kind of sad."

He threw his head back and laughed. "So what happens if I win?"

"I guess you'd have to find out after your win."

He pecked my lips. "I'm counting on it."