Chapter twenty six

Chapter 26

"Well?" Imade inquired, with her nosy ears perking up.

"Well what? " I had no idea why I sounded so grumpy, but I really wasn't in the mood for anything.

Imade's eyes sparkled. "I saw you and Tife coming out of the basement, so I'm guessing something steamy happened."

"Nothing happened. Your brother's in one hell of a mood."

Imade shrugged. "Maybe it's work. It always stresses him out."

I still wasn't convinced. "Not like this. I've seen what work stress does to him, trust me, it's a lot more tamer than this."

"You're over thinking things. Like you always do. Maybe the poor guy just needed some alone time to clear his head."

"Yeah, that's the thing. What could make the ever composed Tife lose his cool and go into hiding? The same Tife that once said that stress is an excuse people use to get away from things. That same Tife? I hardly doubt it."

Imade sighed. "I know you care about him and all, but you need to let him be. He'll talk to us about it. Trust me."

"But what if it's too late. It took a super long time for you to open up to me. I just-"

Imade held my shoulders. Soft brown eyes linked with mine. "Hey. I'm the family's troubled one. Not Tife. He'll come around. I know he would."

I pursed my lips, trying my best to believe her. "If you say so."

Victor entered the room. His handsome face actually looked giddy. The nerve of him. "I was able to buy some booze on my way out, cause we need to get ourselves wasted this weekend."

Imade began to give a giddy smile, that looked just like his. "Booze always helps everything."

Indeed it did. It gave me an idea. One that would get rid of Victor, and I didn't need any of his fake lies. I was going to make him spill it all.

.......
I've seen Tife's different types of moods throughout the years I've known him. I've seen Happy Tife. Drunk Tife. Flirty Tife. Playful Tife. Dramatic Tife. Hyperactive Tife. Serious Tife. Work-driven Tife. But never have I seen Quiet Tife. And honestly it was a new look I didn't think anyone was comfortable with at all.

Still grovelling in his silence during dinner, Imade and I made attempts to keep the moment lively, but Tife was too far off in his thoughts to pay attention and Imade was getting sick of it.

"Okay, what the hell is going on, Tife?" Imade asked furiously, once we were done with dinner.

Tife raised his eyebrow quizzically. "What do you mean?"

Imade pointed out. "We came here to relax and have fun, but you're ruining it with your brooding and your-"

"No. YOU wanted to come. Not me. I only came because of-" He paused, and ran his fingers through his hair. Looking between our shocked faces, he sighed. "Sorry I lashed out. I'm just a little tired. I should head back to my room."

I mumbled. "Tife. Is everything o-"

Anger flashed in his eyes. "Can you not ask me that? I just want to be alone. Is that so much to ask for?"

I recoiled, but I let him go once again. There was no use trying to get the truth out of him. I guess I truly was alone in this plan. I shook off the feeling. I started this whole mess. I knew I needed to end it myself.

....

I pulled out a wine bottle from the cellar, and grinned unabashedly at the people curled up together in the living room. I needed to make sure my plan worked. I needed to seem so nice to that asshole, so I could get what I wanted out of him.

Raising up the bottle, I said. "Who's up for a glass of wine? We don't need to let Tife ruin the mood now, do we?"

Imade nodded. "I'm in. This is my vacation time. I'm not going to let anyone take that away from me."

I turned my head to my target. "Are you in, Victor?"

He eyed me warily. "Sorry, I can't. I have a ton load of cases to visit and I'm trying my best to-"

Imade pouted. "Don't be a spoilsport, baby. The night is still young."

"Besides you're the one that brought the drinks in the first place. You said so yourself. We need to get wasted. Why not start right now?" I added, rather convincingly.

Victor huffed. "Fine. Just one glass."

Not when I'm around. My lips curled up into an innocent smile. "Just one glass."