𝐒𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐄𝐄𝐍

AURELIA PARKER WOKE UP THAT MORNING EASILY, shivering a tiny bit as she stretched and sat up in bed Caroline and her mother generously let her sleep in. She had absolutely nothing on the agenda for the day—no Kol to deal with, no Rebekah to aid in her conquest of the cure—though the latter could decide to call at any point.

Eh, she'd just say no.

So, she had a wonderfully free day. Her night ended rather well, having gotten more than just tipsy with Stefan, and finding ways to bother Damon in his little temporary prison. It was up to Klaus to figure out how to convince Kol to uncompel Damon from killing Jeremy Gilbert. She could expect him not to resort to the dagger immediately. If anyone could intimidate Kol Mikaelson into listening, it was his big brother.

That was why she was jobless today. No drama, nothing. She couldn't stop the relaxed, smug grin that made its way onto her lips as she changed out of her clothes to enjoy a hot shower. Once she'd turned on the water to let it heat up, she waited. She even drew a smiley face in the foggy mirror, not forgetting to add fangs to it, as she always did with her cute smiley faces.

Once she decided she'd waited enough for the water to heat up, she removed her towel, ruffled up her hair and stepped into the shower.

Only to scream loudly, "VERVAIN?!".

She quickly ran out of the shower with burns all over her body, eyes wide and teeth gritted at the scalding and searing pain that her poor, beautiful skin had suffered—her beautiful skin was now raw, with open wounds and blisters bubbling in all the places that the water had made the most contact with.

She quickly healed, but her temper didn't. She was going to skewer whomever decided it was a good idea to put vervain in the damn water supply. She really was.

KLAUS MIKAELSON ALSO WOKE UP THAT MORNING on the right side of the bed, a cheerful smile painting his lips. Yesterday, Kol and Rebekah had yet another spat, and yet another set of death threats were thrown at each other. He'd practically gotten a headache separating the both of them, but a good night's rest had been exactly what he needed.

He was in the perfect mood to give his younger brother a bit of a lesson, considering he was still on a murderous hunt for the Hunter, who'd been in recent demand on the cure market. Did Klaus find it ironic? Yes. Was he going to let such tomfoolery continue? Of course not.

So he'd dagger Kol, put him to sleep until they'd found the cure, and he did what he wanted to with it. Then he'd wake him up and show him that there was no Silas to deal with to end the world.

He smiled as the wonderfully constructed plan was finalized in his mind. After he was done with his little brother, perhaps he'd threaten Jeremy once more, or paint for a little while. Or he could call Aurelia for a visit if she felt like it. So many pleasant things after one small obstacle. All he'd need is his trusted little daggers. Just one, though.

So he swung open the door of his alcohol cabinet, optimistic and ready to get his errands out of the way. He cleared out some of the bottles from the way and opened a smaller door at the back of the small cabinet, ready to choose the dagger that would have the honor of shutting his brother up.

And he saw absolutely nothing in there.

Suddenly, Klaus Mikaelson was very murderous in temperament, and he could just about hear Kol cackling at the back of his mind. Slamming the door of his not-so-precious-anymore alcohol cabinet, he felt his breathing quicken and become shallower.

He could call Aurelia and ask her what the bloody hell was wrong with Kol, so he made a mental note to do that in a minute. "Aurelia Parker, keep your bloody man in check." He could mumble, so he did that.