THIRTY-SIX [UNEDITED]

Aurelia closed her eyes, taking a deep breath as she walked out of her room. She kept her hand on the railing of the stairs as she walked down them and then to the living room, hoping to see Elena or anyone.

"Is anybody here?" She asked, her voice breaking and barely audible. "Elena?" She asked when she saw two people on the couch.

Elena turned her head around, standing up to face the blonde. She gave her a soft smile. "Did you sleep well?" She asked. Aurelia nodded quickly, tucking a strand of hair. "Are you sure?"

"We did hear everything that happened in your room last night." Damon said, sitting up on the couch. "How do you do?" Aurelia gave him a weak and quick smile, before clearing her throat as her eyes moved a few bloodstains on the floor next to the other couch.

"Is that blood?" She asked. Elena looked at the stain, before muttering a quick yes. Aurelia sighed, curling up her fingers to scrape off the dry blood and put in in a tiny heap. "So, what happened last night?" She asked quietly.

"It's not gonna be nice to listen to." Elena said. Aurelia shrugged.

"I can handle it." She said. "Also tell me about, um, uh... what went down last night at the ball."

"Okay, so..." Elena trailed off. "You might wanna sit down for this." Aurelia walked to the couch, pushing Damon's legs off as she sat down. "So, it starts with Damon, who wanted to bring Bonnie back with, um, Silas' help." Aurelia glanced at the blue-eyed Salvatore. "You know how he has to destroy the Other Side, right?" Aurelia nodded. "Well, there's an anchor to it that keeps it in existence. Tessa was looking for it, and to find out, Silas had to get her to spill."

"But his tricks, they went when Qetsiyah got rid of Stefan's memory." Aurelia said. Elena pressed her lips into a straight line.

"He was able to compel her. We just didn't know that he would..." Damon trailed off.

"Force me." Aurelia said. The couple in the room shared a look. "It's okay, I'm over it. Continue."

"When he forced you, Tessa happened to come across you, and Stefan had woken up by then. Silas was powerless, and Tessa took the chance to desiccate him."

"Where is he now?" She asked. Damon and Elena shared another look of hesitation.

"Well..."

"We brought the body back here, and we, um, still had to get him to become a witch." Elena said. "So, Damon called Katherine over. She came, and he basically fed her to Silas." Aurelia frowned.

"He's a-awake?" She asked.

"Damon told me about you after that." The doppelganger said. "I'm really sorry about what happened to you." Aurelia shook her head.

"I'm over it. It doesn't bother me anymore." She said. "So, uh, where is he?" She asked.

As if on cue, the door of the Salvatore Boarding House burst open, revealing one of the Salvatore doppelgangers. "Greetings!" He exclaimed, walking in.

Aurelia frowned at his enthusiasm, assuming he was Stefan for a second, before she immediately became self-conscious when she realized that it was Silas.

"Good Morning, frenemies and Aurelia." He said, raising his arms slightly. The curtains in the room pulled themselves back, and Aurelia narrowed her eyes at the sudden burst of bright light. She waved her hand, and the curtains closed slightly, making it easier for her eyes. "You know, I'm only a few hours into being a witch, and somehow, the sun feels warmer." He said, walking towards the window to stare out of it. "Probably because I'm not cursed with having to outlive it anymore."