FORTY-ONE [UNEDITED]

A thud in the house woke Aurelia up, and she sat up in bed, holding her head. She looked around, the slightly blurry surroundings morphing into what looked like Stefan's room. She looked at the clock in the room, looking at the clock. It was 1 in the morning, and a half-smile spread across her lips.

She turned around to let her feet touch the cool ground as she stood up, looking around to see where the noise came from. Her eyes landed on a sleeping Stefan. She took quiet steps towards him, observing his posture. She frowned as she noticed that the couch seemed a little uncomfortable for him.

Quickly, she muttered a spell to lift the covers from the bed and go to him, covering him so that he'd feel a little warmer.

She then walked out of the room to find the source of the noise.

When she reached the stairs, her eyes widened in shock at the sight of an unconscious Katherine Pierce. She ran down the stairs, and knelt down next to her, trying to wake her up.

"Katherine?" She asked, lightly shaking her.

"Mother? Katherine?" Came a voice. Aurelia looked to see a phone near her, and she picked it up, placing it next to her ear. "Mama?"

"Hello?" She said.

"Who is this? What have you done to my mother?"

"Mother?" She asked, slightly confused, before realization dawned on her. She quickly looked at the name. "Okay, um, Nadia, this is Aurelia Parker. Katherine's unconscious, and not waking up."

"She's alive?" Aurelia listened for a pulse or a heartbeat, only to hear nothing. "Aurelia?"

"I c-can't hear a beat." She said. "Okay, I'll call you back from this number." She cut the call, before raising her wrist to her mouth.

She stopped, however, realizing that Katherine had taken the cure. Her blood wouldn't help.

"Come on, Katherine." She muttered, before looking up the stairs. "STEFAN!" She called.

In a matter of seconds, he was next to her, looking at Katherine. "What happened?"

"She's not waking up." She answered.

"Hospital, now." He said.

!

Aurelia pressed a hand to her head, standing outside the room in which Katherine was. Stefan was seated near her, waiting in as much anxiousness as she was.

"Stefan?" A familiar voice called out. The pair looked at a pretty brunette who walked towards them. Aurelia recognized her voice.

"Nadia." She said. Nadia Petrova looked at her, completely concerned.

"Are you Aurelia?" She nodded. "How is she?"

"Not in a great condition yet." She answered.

"It doesn't make sense. I was just speaking with her. She sounded fine." Nadia said, her accent noticeable.

"The doctors think it was a heart attack." Stefan said.

"Trust me, Katherine Pierce is not going to die of a heart attack." She said. "We all know my mother. She will fight through this."

"She's dying. Every single organ in her body is failing, and vampire blood can't save her. I compelled the doctors to let me take her home, so she's more comfortable, but... she's dying." Stefan stated.

"They don't think she'll survive the rest of the day." Aurelia said, frowning.

What a wonderful way to start such a day.