FORTY-NINE [UNEDITED]

"Hi." Aurelia said, keeping the phone between her ear and shoulder as she made herself some coffee.

"Hey."

"What's going on?" She asked. "Is there a problem?"

"Nah, I just wanted see how you're doing." She smiled softly, before catching sight of Caroline, who seemed to be making flirty faces. She raised an eyebrow, before turning around. "So?"

"I'm fine, college is boring." She said, hearing a hum.

"You know very well that I'm talking about something else." She sighed.

"Well, my magic isn't back yet, and I'm hoping to go to the Travelers soon to see what the hell they've done to me." She stated, taking a sip from her cup.

"Then I'm coming with you." He said.

"Stefan, you need to get some more rest. You were the one who was tortured, right?" She asked.

"I've rested enough—"

"No, you haven't." She cut him off. "Now, back to our normal human conversation." She said, waiting for an answer. She frowned when he didn't reply. "Stefan?" She asked, glancing at her phone as she took it in her hand. She placed it next to her ear again. "Stefan, you there?"

The call ended, and she stared at the phone in confusion, before Elena suddenly shot up from her bed with a gasp, making the two blondes in the room look at her. "You okay?" Caroline asked. Elena looked at her, swallowing.

"Yeah, I just- I just had a really crazy dream."

!

"Well, Aunt Liz isn't here yet." Aurelia said looking around the Grill. "Huh, she's never late."

"Well, I'm gonna go get us some coffee." Caroline said.

"I'll just take some water." The heretic said, pulling out her phone. She dialed Liz's number, before walking to a table and taking a seat. She pressed her lips together when it went to voicemail. "Hey, Aunt Liz, I was checking in to see where you were. So, call me back when you get this. Love you, bye." She finished, before cutting the call.

Caroline soon joined her and Elena, before frowning when Aurelia told her that Liz wasn't answering. "She's only minutes away, isn't she?" She asked. Aurelia shrugged, before glancing at Elena, who seemed to be in a trance.

"Elena?" She asked, gently shaking her arm. "Elena!" The brunette blinked several times, before looking at her.

"How did I get here?" She questioned. "I was just standing at the doorway." She gestured to the entrance of the Grill, as Caroline looked at her weirdly.

"You... walked?" She suggested, before the puzzlement in her expression faded away. "Hang on. Did you just have one of those dreams, like, right here?" Aurelia made a face, unable to catch on.

"It didn't feel like a dream, okay? It felt like I was there, it felt real." Elena defended.

"Wait, what?" The 400-year-old asked.

"Elena's been having weird dreams..." Caroline answered, before taking a sip of her coffee. Aurelia huffed, noticing that her sister was just itching to say something.

"Caroline, if you bite your tongue any harder, it'll bleed. Come on, spit it out." Elena said.

"It's psych 101. Actually, it's whatever comes before 101. You told Damon that you couldn't see him anymore, and now, you're having dreams of Stefan?" Caroline asked. Aurelia's eyes widened in disbelief.