FORTY-TWO [UNEDITED]

The blue skies were black, and Aurelia had walked into the Salvatore Boarding House, slightly tired. She sighed, wiping a small tear from her cheek.

Her family had come back to see her. It was a pretty damn good birthday gift.

She walked into the living room, before frowning at how dark it was. "Illuceo." She said, and her hand began to glow. She held it up, trying to look for anyone. "Care? Stefan? Damon? Anybody?" She asked.

The light in her hand went off when the lights switched back on. Aurelia gasped in surprise when she saw several wrapped-up gifts on a table near her.

"Surprise!" Caroline exclaimed from behind her. She spun around, laughing as she embraced her. "Happy Birthday!"

"Thank you." She said, pulling away. "These are all from you?" She asked. Caroline shook her head.

"Pfft... of course not. I'm not the only person who remembered your birthday." She said. "Everyone did." Aurelia looked at her, confused, when she saw Bonnie, Matt and Jeremy enter the room. "I got you two, and these guys got you one each." She said.

"Wow, thanks." She said, before Caroline pushed her to sit in a chair. "What are you doing?"

"I am making you sit down so that you can open them up right now." The younger blonde answered, before handing her a gift. "Jeremy's first." Aurelia glanced at Jeremy, before unwrapping the small gift.

She let out a soft breath, pulling out a pretty little keychain. "Aw, this is so cute." She said, looking at the decorations. "Definitely attaching this to my bike keys."

"Glad you like it." He said, taking a seat, as Caroline handed her another larger gift.

"This is Matt's." She said, as Aurelia opened it. She grinned, pulling out a book."

"I know you're 400, but I was hoping you hadn't read this." He said. Aurelia read the titles.

"Great Expectations!" She said. "I've never read this one, but I wanted to. Thank you." She said, smiling, as she was passed Bonnie's gift. "Wow, what is this?" She asked, once she saw the old-fashioned wooden box. She opened it, before pulling out a large pendant.

"It's a talisman." Bonnie said. "Grams gave it to me." She added. "She said that it was spelled to make quiet voices heard." Aurelia smiled.

"That's so sweet." She said. "You'll see it on me." Bonnie grinned.

Aurelia suddenly let out a cry of surprise when she saw Caroline walk up to her with a large box that she didn't wrap up. "Here! This is from both me and Mom!"

"Caroline, what is this?" She asked. Caroline grinned excitedly.

"This is an album of drawings and pictures mom and I were able find in the archives and our family's history." Aurelia raised her eyebrows

"I thought I burned everything that wasn't in my possession." Caroline shook her head, opening the box.

"I've found all drawings dating back to your generation." She said. "I know that my ancestor was your sister."

"Maggie." Aurelia said. "I forget to tell you how much you look like Maggie."

"Great-Granny Margaret was the first mom of the Forbes line." Aurelia nodded. "So, I've tried to get all pictures from 1611 to now."

"Well, that's a lot of drawings." She said, taking out a photograph from the 1800s. "Ah, you have pictures from my visit here."

"Yeah, duh." Caroline said. "I begged Damon and Stefan to give me everything they had. Stefan definitely hasn't given me all of them, but I have enough."