FIFTY-ONE [UNEDITED]

"Had she gotten me with that vervain injection she was carrying, things would've been very different." Damon said. "She didn't stand a chance against me."

"And you made it look like I did it?" Stefan asked, before looking at Aurelia, who had reached them. She began to undo Elena's bonds.

"Stay here." She said. "Only move if it's absolutely necessary."

"You killed Maggie." Enzo said to Damon.

"My switch was off, Enzo. I didn't do it to make your life miserable from every angle. I did it because I didn't care." He said. "You wanna kill me? Do it. This is between us."

"Damon..." Stefan said.

"Well, Damon, I don't want to hate you. Then I'll have nothing left." Enzo said, before closing his eyes. Aurelia quickly undid Stefan's bonds, before he looked at her, his hand on the remnants of dried blood on her mouth.

"I can't believe you did that." He said, making her smile. "Why?"

"Because I'd die for you." She answered. He pulled her towards him, pressing a kiss to her cheekbone as he hugged her.

However, the sweet moment was cut short when Aurelia realized that Enzo's eyes weren't just closed. She pulled away from Stefan, her eyes widening.

"Oh my God." She said. "Enzo, don't do it!" She said, walking towards him. "Don't!"

It was too late. He had opened his eyes, and smiled at her. "There! Not a care in the world!" She groaned, biting her lip. "Ah, this is fun, not caring." He flung a bottle in the air. It shattered as it hit the ground.

"Yup, goodbye humanity." Aurelia said, exchanging looks with Damon.

"What do you say we get outta here?" Damon asked Enzo. "Where is it that you wanted to go- Cape town?"

"Cape Horn."

"Even better."

"Alright! Everyone's free to go!" Enzo said, as the compelled students got up and left. He then looked at Liv- who Aurelia just realized was there. "Except you. I'd like to try something."

In an instant, he was at Liv's side, sinking his fangs into her neck. "No!" Bonnie yelled. He pulled away from the blonde.

"Look at that. I don't even fell obliged to say thank you." Aurelia ran to Liv, before biting her wrist and feeding her blood.

Damon went to attack the emotionless vampire, only for him to be hit with a broken bottle in the neck. Stefan stood up, and ran to Enzo, but was overwhelmed by vervain water. Enzo grabbed Elena and sped out the door.

"Bastard! He took Elena!" Damon said, as Aurelia stood up.

"Then we need to find her!" She exclaimed. Stefan shook his head.

"The only place you're going is back to my house." He said. She frowned.

"No way, I can take him." She defended. "Right, Damon?" She turned to look at him, but he was gone. "Stefan, you gotta let me come."

He took her hand. "You've been hurt enough. He doesn't care, and he will kill you. I can't let that happen. I'd go mad. I guess you already know." She chuckled, looking down. "Come on, you go home. I'll come, alive."

"Promise?" She asked. He smiled, pressing a kiss to her forehead.

"Yes, Aurelia." He said, resting a hand on her cheek. "I promise you this. Now go home, or I'll call Caroline."

!

The door of the Boarding House opened as Aurelia walked into the hallway. "Hey, Stefan, thank God." She ran to him and wrapped her arms around him in relief. "You're okay."