FIFTY-FOUR [UNEDITED]

Aurelia kept her hand in her pockets, her chin in her hands as she leant on a desk, hoping to find anyone by just standing in one place. She sighed, going over everything that had happened.

Stefan was dead.

She was dead.

She couldn't find him.

She clicked her tongue once, looking around the room of her dorm before she walked out of it, and then went down the stairs and straight into another sitting area, that was completely void of anyone.

However, the silence that was present didn't last very long. Aurelia huffed as her hair began to blow to the wind yet again. Planting her feet on the ground, she was able to stay put.

She almost fell over as a figure flying past the doorframe caught her attention. She let out a breath, and then a groan, before speeding to the doorframe, she held onto before spotting someone holding onto the closet. She held her arm out, before opening her mouth to yell over the howls.

"Come on, grab onto my hand!" She felt his arm lock with hers, and she began to pull him towards her. "I got you!"

Several moments later, the two were safely on the ground, panting as they looked down at their feet. "Thank you." He said. Aurelia smiled, raising her head, as he did the same. Her smile faded away at the sight of his face.

"Oh my God." She said. "Stefan." He stared at her, a look of relief crossing his features. He instantly pulled her into his arms for a long-needed embrace, squeezing his eyes shut as he let his head rest on her shoulders. She wrapped her arms around him, sighing in relief as she found comfort once again.

"I missed you, way too much." He said. She pulled away, a half-smile on her lips.

"I had a heart attack seeing you, you know? It was like one of my worst nightmares came true." She said. "I promise you; I'll find you a way to get out of this miserable place."

"I'm not leaving without you right next to me every step of the way." He said, making her grin.

"Oh, so you do care, Mr. Salvatore." She chaffed sweetly, before letting out a gasp as she felt his lips crash onto hers. Her eyes closed as one of her hands lightly sat on his cheek, her thumb caressing it as a small tear fell down her cheek from joy.

"Stefan and Aurelia, sitting in a tree, K-I-S-S—" Aurelia pulled away, groaning, despite the fact that there was a huge smile on her full lips.

"Stop it, Alexia." She said. "Give me a hug instead." The pair instantly hugged each other, and Aurelia smiled. "God, I don't even know how you spent three years like this."

"Well, watching your love ripen—" Lexi stopped, laughing as Stefan shot her a warning look. "Since I bet on you two getting it on, I think you two owe me a beer."

!

"Remind me again why you never made it to Portland." Lexi said, leaning against the bar of the Mystic Grill as Stefan rolled his eyes. "Wait, so you and my oldest friend shared the sweetest, sappiest, more heartfelt kiss ever—"

"And I was attacked by Silas and left to drown in a safe for three moths while Aurelia faced deception for those three months." He said.

"Right, and then you made it out, and you're still here." She retorted.

"Lexi, either one of us could blink out of existence any second, so if you have something to say to me—"

"Aurelia." Lexi said. "Now that she's left to save the world, we can talk." He raised an eyebrow. "Aw, come on! You two literally kissed because it was right, and you finally know each other's feelings for each other. You gotta ask her out once you're out of here."