Five

Yachi was seated on the floor next to Kiyoko, who was sittting on a chair. The two girls watched as the boys practiced.

Yachi then looks up at Kiyoko.

"hey Kiyoko-senpai, what time would the other team get here?" she asked her.

Kiyoko turned to Yachi and stared for a second to think.

"around lunch time, i think" Kiyoko answered, earning a nod from Yachi.

Yachi was trying to avoid looking at Kuroo, afraid that he might distract her again. This was beginning to turn into a strange problem for Yachi, thoughts of Kuroo in her head made her uneasy around him. She would often ask herself how a simple crush could greatly distract her.

She just heaved a sigh and let her thoughts settle.

"Hey, Yachi-san" their teacher called out to her making her stand up.

"Yes, Takeda-sensei?"

"could you do me a favor and refill the bottles please?"

Yachi bowed and immedietly went to work, she took the empty bottles on the floor and went to fill them up again.

Most of the time, Yachi's job of refilling bottles might seem boring, but helping out the team gave her a good feeling and it was nice to befriend new people.

She hummed a tune as she made her way to the faucets, a plastic crate filled with bottles bundled in her arms.

"eyyy little crow!"

Yachi turned her head and saw Lev walking towards her direction, grinning and waving at her. The boy was very tall compared to Yachi, this intimidated her a bit but the friendly aura around the boy made her comfortable.

"lev-senpai" she greeted the boy with a smile then asked hin what he was doing here. The boy told her that he was going wash his face.

"It's really hot, by the way, do you need help carrying that?" Lev asked her as he splashed water to his face, Yachi just politely declined the offer.

"I dont wanna keep you, your captain might go look for you, besides i could handle it" she told him with a smile, Lev just nodded even though he was a bit hesitant.

"are you sure?"

"positive!"

Lev nodded and left Yachi with a bit of hesitation, The blonde girl just continued filling the bottles.

Suddenly a familiar boy appears beside her.

"Yachi-chan" the low voice sent chills down Yachi's spine, the aura was familiar and turned to test her guess.

Kuroo towered over her. He had a boyish smile on his face, it felt weird seeing him looking all goody since he was mostly having a devilish or mischievous smirk and eyes.

Yachi did not notice that she held her breath.

"Kuroo-senpai, i- I'm on my way back, see you!" Yachi's attempt at escape had failed when Kuroo grabbed her by the elbow making her squeek.

"Hold on, I'm just going to wash my face for a bit then we can head back together" The way Kuroo had so casually said it made Yachi nervous.  Her crush on the boy only seemed to grow and it was becoming something that Yachi fear. She feared that if Kuroo knew her affection for him that he'd embarrass her or reject her, Yachi couldn't really take it.

Kuroo was finished and grabbed the crate from Yachi wordlessly and beckoned her to follow. Yachi was in shock but followed Kuroo anyway.

"You shouldn't really be carrying that, i could manage you know." She told him with a small frown.

"Nah, it's okay, besides why would i let you burden something if i can help you with it?" Kuroo softly said with a smile. Yachi's heart fluttered. This was a different Kuroo that she's seeing and she wanted to see more of it.

***

"What happened back there?" Kiyoko asked Yachi once the blonde plopped on the floor beside her.  The taller girl noticed how red Yachi's face was.

"It was really weird, Senpai. I-i'm confused" Yachi muttered and rubs her face then buried it in her hands. Kiyoko could only pat her back.

"It'll be alright...this whole thing would end in a few days so no worries,, things will come back to normal" Kiyoko said

Yachi paled, She realized that her days with Kuroo were counted. True, she did not want the burden of these feelings but she was disappointed that she'd be leaving and won't see Kuroo for a long while. She wanted to see him everyday and become friends-if that was possible- she wanted yo see more Kuroo and unravel him, learn more about him and see more of his soft side. Yachi secretly does not want to lose that.

She had to act. Do something.

But then again, what could she really do? She's afraid to act on these feelings and very shy to approach him.

Yachi could only pray.

- - - -

(a/n) I'm sorry... I'm still alive