Ten

*unedited*
*note: dedicated everyone who reads the fic, I didn't really expect this story to gain any readers or even attention, I'm happy that there's a bunch of you out there that gives this baby attention XD... love you guys <3*

***

The sun was up high and the air felt a lot more humid than yesterday.

The managers were already sweating in the gymnasium as they watched the players do drills.

But the heat was way worse for boys and the flimsy white shirts that they wore was getting uncomfortable.

"I feel like dying." Tanaka stopped for a bit and fanned himself, tugging at the shirt rapidly to get some air in, he was desperate to rip the shirt off but the idea of Daichi reprimanding him was way worse than heatstroke, and doing dives without a shirt was painful.

"Look alive boys, just 10 more diving drills!" Daichi tried to say enthusiastically, but everyone knew he was irritated by the heat as well. The Fukoradani boys were doing runs in their corner of the gym while the Nekoma boys did stretching. Yachi could've sworn that she saw Kenma on the brink of giving up with how pale he was.

The coaches were out doing things, leaving Takeda sensei to supervise all three teams, It wasn't that really hard especially since everyone was doing their thing and not going around looking for trouble.

Seeing how everyone looked tired and drenched with sweat, he called for a break.

"How about we take a 20,everyone?" He called out. The boys stopped to look at him and the teacher just gave a thumbs up. A lot of them dropped on the floor while others made their way for their bottles.

Hinata was crawling on the floor next to Nishinoya, complaining about the heat.

Everyone has been doing drills since 6 am, it was almost lunch time and the coaches have yet to come back, saying they have to do important matters to attend to, leaving Takeda to supervise.

"Great work everyone." Kiyoko said as she handed out towels while Yachi passed their bottles.

"I'm not even part of the first lineup, why am I sufferring?" Kinoshita muttered before taking a gulp of his drink, Ennoshita just patted him sympathetically.

"Atleast this week is almost finished, just a few more and we will be back to regular training." Tanaka joined them, finally taking his shirt off and changed into a dry one.

"Can't wait to go home, Tokyo is cool and all but I wanna go home."

Yachi frowned as she heard this, she was still not sure what to feel about leaving all of this behind. She had this urge inside of her to spill her romantic-ish feelings to Kuroo, but being stubborn about the situation, she wanted to be 'just' friends with him.

That certainly was not going well for her.

Everyone found their spaces where they could rest for a bit, the Fukoradani managers asked Yachi and Kiyoko if they wanted to come refill water bottles with them.

"I got this Yachi, how about you just stay here and help the boys if they need something? Their change of clothes is stacked on top of the chair." Kiyoko told her, she obediently nodded and stayed with Takeda sensei.

"Uhh Yachi, I'm gonna head out for a bit and check on something, stay here okay?" Takeda then left, leaving Yachi just there, with the overwhelming feeling of being surrounded by boys.

She felt really small at that moment.

"Hey yacchan."

And a lot more smaller.