Twelve

Unedited

a/n: Heyyyyy ~ I managed to publish this short one...This is probably crappy but I just wanna put it up.So, here it is hahaha...

/////

The sounds of squeaking shoes and volleyballs slamming against the floor filled the gym, along with the occasional yelling of players and the sound of the whistle.

"Another!" Bokuto excitedly yells from the other side of the court. Akaashi wordlessly serves a ball and the cheery boy spikes it high over the net and over Kuroo's hands.

"Too High! Tsukki can't reach that."

Kuroo was grinning next to Tsukishima as they practiced blocks with Akaashi and Bokuto-the latter spiking the ball to them- They were already on their nth block and Tsukishima was growing rather irritated by the older boy's cheeky remarks and taunting.
Talking back to him was certainly not an option as it would only fuel Kuroo's mischievousness. Tsukishima was not on the mood to deal with those.

As the temperature rose that hot afternoon,Tsukishima's patience slowly burns short.
He could only hope and pray that someone pull him out of his misery, be it anyone even the annoying freak duo, but everyone was busy with their own thing. Practicing their serves and receives. Tsukishima was definitely stuck.

While still looking around for some help (hopefully Yamaguchi) his eyes landed upon Yachi Hitoka standing next to Kiyoko. The two girls were talking among themselves,looking at the practice and writing on their clipboards.

Tsukishima had a genius solution.

"Oi Tsukki, getting sleepy?" Kuroo nudges him with a grin. Tsukishima turned his head to the side to face him with a smirk.

Kuroo was taken aback at the sudden change of demeanor, he wondered what Tsukishima was up to but in his head, whatever it was, whatever Tsukishima was going to throw at him, he was ready to talk back.

"Incoming" Bokuto warns but before they could prepare for the block, Tsukishima said something that  startled Kuroo.

"I wonder why Yachi is looking over here." The lie rolls smoothly off the boy's tongue making Kuroo blink and went to stare where the other boy previously looked while Tsukishima jumped to spike the ball.

"Don't stare off into space, Kuroo-san." Tsukishima smirks, casting him a look as he wiped the sweat off his cheek but Kuroo was not listening, he just found himself looking at Yachi who was definetly NOT looking at them but was laughing with Kiyoko.

What the hell, Tsukishima

Suddenly, Kuroo felt the heat grow in the atmosphere.

"gotcha"

Tsukishima felt rather proud of himself, he was certain that Kuroo was not gonna bother him for tthe rest of practice (or maybe till the camp ends) because of embarrassment. Guess that his hunch was right about this one. He wasn't exactly sure if he felt weird about a 3rd year liking a 1st year or was okay with it-which bothered him even more- he wanted to care less but he couldn't just shrug the information off. This was something that Tsukishima has to live with, he guess.

The fact that Kuroo was interested in Yachi.

"Alright! Everyone to the side, we'll be having a match. Karasuno vs. Nekoma! Winner goes against Fukurodani." One of the coaches yell.

Everyone left except for a confused Kuroo standing there,staring at the floor with a confused expression.

"What the heck was that, Tsukki?" he asks himself, he felt like his heart was about to blast through his ribs and out of the court. He felt anxiousness bite through him as his heart was unceasingly beating wild.

"Kuroo!" Yaku clamps a hand on the boy's shoulder and pulled him to the side. The boy snaps out of his trance and came face-to-face with a few confused members.

"You okay?" Yaku asks him with a raised eyebrow.

"You looked so lost out there, you okay?" Nobuyuki asks him

Kenma just eyed him questioningly.

"Must be the heat, Maybe Kuroo-san needs to rest" lev suggests.

But Kuroo just shakes his head, telling them that he's fine and that he just got lost in thought. The whistle blows and they got called over for a game with Karasuno but Kuroo was still in a weird daze.

Tsukishima certainly did a number on him with such few words.

He asks himself why he reacted that way and why he was so nervous with Tsukishima saying something like that. Was he scared? Did Tsukishima knowing something so trivial as him talking to Yachi pushed him to the edge? why? Why would he worry for something so small as that. It's not like Yachi and him were having a secret relationship. It's not like he's secretly crushing on her, she was a 16 year old 1st year for heavens sake. A first year.  A freakin' first year and he was a third year on his way to college.

She was not even his type. 

"Oi Kuroo! Get your head in the game" Tora says from behind him, Noboyuki just pats his back and the whistle blows.

"Me?Crushing on Yachi? Pft as if.."

He stares ahead. Focus:regained.

Tsukishima was staring him smugly and he smirked back.

Then the game started.

But for a second, as his eyes followed the ball that Kenma had set over thenet, his eyes caught a glimpse of Yachi in the corner. And for a moment, he thought that she was looking at him.

Fckn' Tsukki