Twenty-two

///unedited

Thanks for all the votes and comments! <3

A short fill-in

///

Yachi spent the whole lunch hour channelling all her focus and energy on doing her tasks like cooking lunch, cleaning, and also socialising with the other managers. It was nice and she would kinda miss the atmosphere and excitement of being around other students even if she didn't showed it much. Well, there was still a next year though! Maybe the team will get another chance like this and seeing her friends enjoy themselves was a wonderful feeling.

Their last hour on this training camp was spent in laughter, stories, and  food.

Yachi enjoyed herself with the other managers and the  first years who would talk to them. She tried not to look in any other way that might lead to seeing Kuroo.

And lucky for her, he didn't come bothering her or something.

Yachi didn't want to dwell on the pain even if it still rippled through her but Kuroo was her friend and Kiyoko was her dear friend and senpai, Kuroo liked Kiyoko and she should accept and support it.

She thinks that she should worry more about learning everything she could in regards of managing the team, it was important and she did not want to disappoint by being useless. She wanted to be that manager that the boys could rely on, someone who would be there to support them in their goals and she did not doubt that they would not reach it. Yachi believes in their potential.

The blonde smiles to herself as she checks her list for the second time, asking the Karasuno boys if they packed all of their stuff. Kiyoko made her do another check instead of  letting her help with clean up, making sure that there was no stuff left behind, especially since the older girl didn't want a repeat of last year's accident where one of the senpais left two bottles in another school.

"Ahh! We are finally going home now." Hinata stretches his arms from beside her. The girl looks over to the boy. "excited to go home?"

Hinata nods. "Yep, I miss mom and Natsu."

She nods.

"You'll miss Kuroo-san?" the boys asks her in a low voice, the girl turns to him, unsure of what to reply.

She hasn't told Hinata about what happened. In fact, she hasn't told anybody else. Maybe it was better this way. She didn't think it would matter that much but then she remembers that Kiyoko knows how she feels about Kuroo and well, Kuroo likes Kiyoko. So she was not sure how the older girl would react.

The girl smiles at Hinata and shrugs. A second after, Daichi calls after them, telling them that they were leaving.

Hinata sends a last wave at the Fukurodani and Nekoma boys while Yachi said a thanks at the managers and the others.

She was about to start walking when she saw a glimpse at Kuroo who was standing a little ways behind his team. She didn't get a good look as she immediately turned away, a blush evident on her face, shaking her head slightly.

She boarded the bus and sat next to Kiyoko in silence.

The older girl looked at her with a worried expression but didn't ask.

She guessed that this was goodbye.

///