Chapter 19

After two weeks of being terribly sick, Hall was finally back in good health. Yes, he was still weaker than he should be, but it wasn't too bad.

He could walk around, eat more solid foods and he wasn't running a horrible fever! So things were looking up!

X also kept his word and fixed the smaller's chopped hair, making it look adorable and showing off the soft curls and waves that Hall naturally had. It still was a bit longer than what most boys would have it at, but it was much shorter than it originally was.

Now, it was time to have a conversation with him, without him babbling about how his Boss was going to be mad at him for not doing his "important" job.

"Hall..." Marvel called out, stopping his brother from leaving the house.

No, he wasn't sneaking out, but he was trying to get out of the house before the blond twin could ask him any questions that might... Be hard to lie about.

"Halluciv... Brother, why are you living in that rundown building?" The blue eyed twin looked concerned, worried.

"I-I don't get a lot of money... So I sleep in that place..." The dark clothed brother shuffled on his feet. He really didn't like this.

"And the pills from this Dr. Sci?" There was more worry in the other's voice.

Hall felt a lump form in his throat. He really hated how this was going.

"Yeah... He's a friend of mine... He gives me medicine..." More shuffling.

"Hall..." Marvel stopped, looking down at the floor, clasping his hands together. He really hated how his brother was trying to hide things from him. He just wanted to help! "Brother, why didn't you tell me you were depressed?"

A wince came from the shorter of the two, he automatically stepping back. He didn't want the other to know... He just... He just didn't...

"I... I didn't want to annoy you..."

For a moment silence was the answer, the taller brother unable to think of any reason on why his twin brother had to hide something so big from him!

"Annoy me! You really think something this big would annoy me! Halluciv, I want to be here for you! I want to help you! But I can't when you're trying to distance yourself away from me! I want you  to be near me! I want you to be my twin brother again!" The blond haired male stood up from his seat on the couch, his eyes brimming with tears.

Hall slowly shook his head, keeping it down. He couldn't...

"You wouldn't like me... Not the way I am now... Brother... Please..." The depressed male hugged him, tightly gripping the oversized hoodie. He was just pathetic...

He could kill thousands of monsters without thinking twice but when it came to his twin... he was just so weak... So helpless.

Strong and warm arms surrounded the smaller body, pulling them close to the other. They held Hall tightly, refusing to let go. Refusing to leave the other alone.

"I don't care. You're my brother... And you don't have a say in the matter... I want you to move whatever you can here. I don't want you to live in that rundown building anymore." Marvel's voice was strong, it was firm, unmovable.

Sniffling softly, the secretive twin nodded, maybe it would be better this way... Maybe...