Chapter 27

The two silently sat facing each other. They both were waiting for the other to say something to end the awkward silence that was floating around them.

"What were those things..." Xcellence decided that now most likely was the time to be a man and ask. He just had to know.

"We call them, blandly, Shadow Beasts..." The nerdy punk muttered, looking down at his lap. "They toy with humans and feed off their fear before literally feeding off of them..."

That didn't comfort the taller in any shape or form.

"How long have they been here... In the city?"

Hall raised his hand and started to lightly tug and pull on his hair, it being a subconscious action that sometimes happened... Randomly.

"A long time..." He squeaked out. "Maybe five decades..." He muttered in a more hushed tone, his tugging and pulling getting more rough.

Cell reached out towards the smaller, grasping the thin wrist in his hand as he carefully pulled it away from the other's head.

"Alright... You said we... Who's we?"

The smaller took a deep breath before pulling his hand back.

He slowly removed his hoodie along with the loose shirt underneath and turned around.

His back held a few scars, most of them looking like they were from wild animals... Maybe they were from the Shadow Beasts?

X shook it from his head and instead focused on something that one would've thought was out of the normal for someone with Halluciv's charactics.

On his shoulder, just a little ways down and to the right, was a tattoo. It was black and white, but it was of a tree that was split between black and white, with the white having black flowers and the black having white. Inside the trees were small boys... But the boy on the black tree's side had four protruding things out of his back as the other held angel wings.

"I am one of many in an organization..." Lucy pointed to the mark, chewing on his bottom lip. "We keep the Beasts in check and make sure that they don't overrun a city or town..."

Once done with explaining that, he pulled on his shirt and hoodie once again. He really didn't want to be topless when he faced X.

The taller male nodded at the smaller when he was facing him again.

"When did you join?" Xcellence could guess, but he wanted to hear it from the other... He had to hear it...

"Since I was twelve... I had no choice." He whispered, his voice cracking at the end.

"Why didn't you have a choice? You could've said no, you could've-"

"I didn't have a choice, Senpai!" The smaller shouted, looking up at the other with tear filled eyes. "Light taught me and helped me control my new, unnatural abilities, but... I couldn't live a normal life anymore... The Shadow Beasts hate mortals like us. They would've killed me and my family if I hadn't join! Light nor Boss had to force me, they simply said that it was the best outcome for me and my family to live..." He took a deep breath from his ranting, lightly blinking. "Don't you get it now, Senpai? I had to do it for my family."

Now, the monochrome male was listening to the smaller, but the only word that stuck out was what he was called... Senpai. And from his limited knowledge on Anime or anything Japanese related, he was surprised that he was called that from a clearly more superior being.

"Senpai?" He stupidly repeated, getting the smaller to glow a bright red color.

"Oh god... I-" Swiftly Halluciv hid his face in his hands, his ears burning a red color.

X chuckled lightly, running a hand through the smaller's hair. He found this side of Halluciv, endearing... Like he was trusted enough to see it...

"Tell me all that you know about the Shadow Beasts... Please?"

The pale indigo eyed male nodded carefully, hesitantly removing his hands to look up at the other.

"Then... Let's start from the basics..."