Chapter 19

Zeke's POV

I sit with Shauna next to me, who is drawing circles with a stick in the mud.

I stare at her. If we weren't in this situation right now, with Marlene and Will and zombies and everything, I would probably kiss her. Her auburn brown hair in a pony tail, her bangs flipping in the autumn wind. Her brown eyes and a one silver ring in her lip.

She looks up at me and I look away. I see her smile in the corner of my eye.

I sit thinking before I hear a huge scream.

I take no time. I stand up and start to run. I know my brothers screams from a mile away.

I run into the woods with screams behind me.

I run trying to map out his screams.

"URIAH!" I scream repeatedly.

It takes me about a minute to hear a small whimper.

I look over a tree to see Uriah pressed up against a tree a boy with greasy brown hair and green eyes. He's holding a knife up to his throat.

I push him off Uriah and slam him into the ground.

"Who are you and what do you have against my idiot brother." I spit.

He scowls at me. "the names Peter."

Uriah kicks his side.

"STUPID PANSYCAKE WHAT THE HELL IS WRONG WITH YOU."

He stands up.

"I think you guys should follow me."

"There are others." I say.

He nods, "Get them too."

I walk back to the campground with Uriah and Peter.

"The hell, who's this." Lynn says jogging up to us.

Peter speaks up. "Peter Hayes, pleasure," he takes her hand and kisses it. She jerks it away. She gives him a sour face.

"I think the others would want to meet you."

He goes back into the woods. And we exchange glances before following him.