Chapter 22

Zeke's POV

Her name is Jeanine and that she is even more crazier than she looks.

We're screaming at each other by now. Well I'm screaming she just carries the same tone and the same expression throughout her words.

"We have a very organized schedule already your presence will certainly ruin it all, I'm afraid that your attitude proves that you and your friends presence will harm us more than help us."

Ah hell no,

"BUT WE NEED SOMEWHERE TO LIVE I WOULD NEVER LEAVE ANYOME TO FEND FOR THEMSELVES OUT THERE IF I LIVED IN THESE CONDITIONS."

She shakes her head.

"Ezekiel I don't think you should keep talking. I highly suggest you think about what you say before you speak it. it's called a filter."

I she sass assing me.

I huff.

She guides toward the door, standing up, ushering me to the door.

"Like I said before you can say over night, then eat breakfast after that it's in your best interest to leave."

This makes me furious.

I'm tired I'm frustrated and I'm pretty sure I'm about to punch a hole in either the wall or her face so I sigh and open the door turning to where we first arrived.

Someone grabs the collar of my shirt pulling me pack.

Shauna.

I try to give her a positive look. But I know I've failed because she laughs.

"Oh Zeke this is horrible it totally sucks."

"Couldn't of said it better myself."

She nods. "don't worry Shauna we'll survive we have for a while now. I promise we're going to be fine."

She huffs "define fine."

I pull her into a hug.

She cries.

It normally makes me uncomfortable when people cry. I hate the thought of them wanting pity from me.

But she's trying not to cry to hard.

I cup my hand over her head and put the other on the small of her back and pull her closer.

I don't remember her ever crying before.

The only person who cried in front of everyone was Christina showing no shame about it.

But the fact of Shauna's tears wetting my shirt and little shakes going through her body and her smell and how she's clutching me like I'm a blanket during a thunderstorm. And how even though I am comforting her I want to comfort her more. In a way that can not be labeled as friends and somehow I find it in me to want to cry because this bloody apocalypse has killed any normal chance of having a relationship with her. And yet I fight crying because I'm suppose to be strong one.

And then it's over.

She pulls away, wiping her tears away.

"I'm a mess," her voice is only a whisper.

"No you're not Shauna you're as tough as nails."

I lace my fingers with hers and she let's her head fall on my chest and heaves a sigh.

I can't fight the urge to press my lips to her forehead so I do.

So she wraps her arms around my waist holding me tight. She sighs again.

We stay there for a while, entangled bodies, swaying.

After a blissful eternity she pulls back.

"We should go Zeke."

We go back to the dorms everyone else already asleep.

I guide her back to her bed and smile even though I know she can't see me.

I take a bed between Uriah and Christina and soon enough, darkness over comes me.