Chapter 20

Tris's POV

We all jog behind them.

Uriah is still silently crying. He wipes his tears away every thirty seconds.

I leave Four's side and jog up next to Uriah.

He smiles weekly.

"I'm sorry, I'm such a pansycake." he whispers to me.

"No, I get it you loved her."

"I still do," he huffs. "It's more than losing a girlfriend. It's losing my best friend. I've known her since birth." He wipes a tear from his eye. I put a hand on his shoulder, a comforting gesture. I hear Four sigh a little behind me.

"She was so beautiful," his voice turns into a whisper. "she always helped me when I wanted to give up. Comforted me. Why couldn't I be the one to be cornered? Why?"

He puts his head in his hands and sighs.

"I'm sorry uriah, I really am."

He nods and we continue walking.

Lynn speaks up "remember when we were at your house and were watching the walking dead at three in the morning and then she went outside horrified and we spent till four looking for her."

He nods.

Shauna snorts "remember candor and dauntless when she dared you to tell your mom you were pregnant."

He smiles.

They exchange little moments like this for a while until we get to a big building.

Peter uses a key to get into a building.

I see a boy with blonde hair a girl with brown hair, another boy with dirty blonde hair. Three adults one boy two girls.

And then I see him.

His wide brown eyes staring at me.