xvi. CHAPTER FOURTEEN

~*~
warning: violence, mature language
verbal abuse

     Billy's feet hit the ground as the headlights on the Camaro turned off. The cigarette hung loosely from his mouth as he balanced on the window. He turned to see Steve standing on the porch, hands on his hips as he stood in front of the door protectively. 

     "Am I dreaming or is that you, Harrington?"

     "Yeah, it's me, don't cream your pants." 

     Mary looked to the kids as they all inched closer to the window, trying to look outside. She loaded up the rest of the gun, not knowing when she'd need to use it. She glanced to the kids again, noticing they were basically at the window now.

     "Hey, ass wipes, get away from the window," Mary instructed them. 

     "What are you doing here, amigo?" Billy asked as he approached Steve. 

     "I could ask you the same thing," Steve said, stopping in front of Billy. "Amigo."

     "Looking for my stepsister. A little birdie told me she was here," Billy responded, flicking his cigarette.

     "Huh, that's weird. I don't know her," Steve shrugged. 

     "Small? Redhead? Bit of a bitch," Billy listed off. 

     "Doesn't ring a bell," Steve shrugged again. "Sorry, buddy." 

     "You know, I don't know, this," Billy paused, removing the cigarette from his mouth. "This whole situation, Harrington, I don't know. It's giving me the heebie-jeebies." 

     "Oh, yeah? Why's that?" Steve asked. 

     "My 13-year-old sister goes missing all day. And then I find her with you in a stranger's house. And you lie to me about it," Billy said like Steve should've known. 

     "Man, were you dropped too much as a child, or what?" Steve asked. Billy puffed out smoke again, smiling as he ran his tongue through his teeth. "I don't know what you don't understand about what I just said. She's not here." 

     "Then who is that?" Billy asked, pointing to the window. The kids all dove down immediately, Mary's eyes widening at their sudden movements. 

     "What did I fucking tell you?!" she asked as she put the gun somewhere secure just in case Billy got any ideas. 

     "Shit! Did he see us?" Dustin asked. 

     "Yes, he definitely saw you," Mary snapped. "Come on, get behind me, get behind me." They all ran behind her, waiting as Mary heard Steve grunt from outside. The door swung up seconds later, Mary standing up straight as Billy walked into the house. 

     "Well, well, well," he said as his eyes landed on Lucas first. "Lucas Sinclair. What a surprise." Mary quickly grabbed Lucas's arm, beginning to pull him behind her. Billy looked to Mary, a small smirk falling on his lips. He took small steps towards her, Mary keeping a straight face as she was trying to back away from him. "You gonna tell me off some more or get the hell out of my way, Henderson?" 

     "Do you ever fucking shut up?" Mary asked. 

     "Make me," he whispered. He grabbed her suddenly and rough, Mary flinching as her voice caught in her throat. 

     "Hey, that's my sister you-" 

     "Dustin, Dustin, Dustin, don't," Mary said quickly, turning her head to the side. "Don't move." She looked back at Billy as he pressed his body against hers. "You know, this is getting a little close to harassment and I would just like to say, while there's witnesses, that I did not consent." Billy brought his hand up, slapping Mary across the face. Mike had to grab Dustin to hold him back, Mary craning her neck to face Billy. She spat in his face, all of the kids gasping at the action. Billy slowly wiped his face off, bringing a hand up again. Mary flinched slightly, trying to pull herself back.