xx. CHAPTER EIGHTEEN

~*~
warning: explicit language, smut

     "Son of a bitch!" Dustin screamed. "Son of a bitch!"

     "Where did you see it last?" Mary asked, not really caring about his situation.

     "Right here, where I put it," Dustin responded, motioning to the spot on the kitchen counter.

     "What's in there that's so important anyway? You look fabulous, baby," Mrs. Henderson cooed to her son.

     "Got it," Dustin said, snatching a brown paper bag from the kitchen counter. He began to run to his room, the doorbell ringing then.

     "That's your ride - Dusty!" Mrs. Henderson called after him.

     "I'll let him in. It's probably cold," Mary shrugged, getting up from her chair. She opened her front door to see Steve standing there. "Harrington."

     "Henderson," he smiled. He stepped into the house, Mary shutting the door behind him. He walked into the living room, Mrs. Henderson smiling up at him.

     "Oh, Steve! So good to see you," she said, standing from the chair. She hugged him with their new cat still in her arms. Steve hugged back awkwardly, trying not to crush the cat. They stepped back at the same time, Steve checking his watch.

     "Dustin, hurry up! It's getting to be time to go!" Steve yelled.

     "All right!" Dustin yelled back. Mary chuckled lightly, grabbing her own bag from the chair.

     "Oh, are you two going somewhere?" Mrs. Henderson asked.

     "No, Steve's dropping me off at Billy's on his way home. But we're still on to see that movie tomorrow, right?" Mary asked, pointing to Steve.

     "You know it," he nodded. "Dustin, we'll be in the car!"

     "I'll see you later, mom," Mary waved. She and Steve got out to the car, Mary climbing in the back so Dustin could sit in the front. They'd discussed it. Once he did get outside, they drove to the school while light Christmas music played in the background. They arrived at the middle school rather quickly, Steve slowing the car down once they'd reached the doors.

     "All right, buddy, here we are," Steve said, looking to Dustin. "So, remember, once you get in there-"

     "Pretend like I don't care," Dustin interrupted.

     "You don't care," Steve repeated.

     "I don't care," Dustin shrugged.

     "Not the best plan, but do whatever you think she'll like," Mary said, leaning forward from the backseat.

     "Don't listen to her. You're learning, my friend. You're learning," Steve told him. Dustin nodded slightly, then checked his hair again in the rear view mirror. "Hey."

     "What?" Dustin asked.

     "Come on. You look great, okay? You look... You look great," Steve said with a small nod.

     "You clean up good, kiddo," Mary nodded along with him.

     "Okay? Now you're gonna go in there," Steve started.

     "Yeah."

     "Look like a million bucks."

     "Yeah."

     "And you're gonna slay 'em dead," Steve finished.

     "Like a lion," Dustin nodded with him. He purred by rolling his tongue, Mary making a facing at him.