11

Veronica's POV
Annoying. Wesley ran up behind me with a grin.

"You're weird you know?" He laughed. "You do things I've never seen a girl do before!"

"I don't care." I replied.

"Sooo... where are we going?" He asked.

"I am going to the library." I replied adding an emphasis on the I. "You need to mind your own business." Although I highly doubted that would happen anytime soon.

"Sooo... how old are you?" Wesley asked.

"14"

"So am I! Where are you from?" He probed

I turned to him and stoped walking. "You don't need to know." I could tell he felt the glare even with my mask on because he shut up.

I finally reached the library. The big wooden doors seemed so familiar just like the ones before. I gently pushed them open and found practically nobody. I guess nobody cared much for learning and reading. I went through my mental study tips in my head. Memorize the way to the library? Check. Memorize the categories? Check, I thought as I wandered through the isles. Wesley just stared at me as if I was weird. I was used to this by now.

I scanned the sections for the mathematic books. I finally found the beginner math book. Great! This should be perfect to assess and start my learning process. I brought the book to a long table and plopped it down. A large billow of dust shot up at me. I waved it away. I flipped through the pages as Wesley sat down next to me. I scanned each page that went by. Counting... counting to a hundred... counting to a thousand... addition.

"Argh!" I grumbled, sliding the book away from me. "Too easy."

I grabbed the intermediate one and slowly turned each page to look at the knowledge. Subtraction... multiplication... division... fractions.

"Are you kidding me!?" I asked pushing yet another book away from me.

I was down to the last book, the advanced one. At least the name sounded promising. I flipped the pages until I reached the end. Negatives... area of a rectangle... area of a triangle... volume of a rectangular prism.

"Are. You. Kidding me?" I asked still utterly surprised as how easy it all was. "Is this really the most advanced math there is?"

"Not good enough for you?" Wesley asked genuinely surprised.

"No! There's no solving for x or x and y. No decimals or percents. All the stuff I just mentioned doesn't even begin to get I to more complicated territory!" I cried out. I was angered since the knowledge in this world was so lacking.

Wesley just looked at me confused. "I don't understand anything you just said but... you're going to Thordeon Kingdom Academy or TKA for short... right?"

"Well I'll try to..." I explained.

"Then knowing the intermediate math should be enough! Right?" He said.

"Really? Wait... that's not the problem for me. It's just-I-this place... ugh." Seemingly defeated in trying to explain myself, I gave up. "Never mind, I guess I'll just have to be fine with what I know." I guess I would never get the joy of having to cram an all nighter to prepare for a test since I already seemed to know very stupid thing!

I sighed. "I guess I should head back to Mr. Evan's since I have nothing better to do."

Wesley walked me back to Mr. Evan's shop as the sun started to set.

"Today was... kinda fun actually." Wesley said. "How about tomorrow I show you around to all the best shops and stuff? My family has a town house here so I've been coming here for Summers since before I could remember."

That explained why such a rich looking boy was wandering around. I thought about it. "That might actually be convenient for me."

"Cool! I'll see you tomorrow then!" He laughed and walked away.

Well then I guess I was going to see him again tomorrow.