17

Wesley's POV

Classes went by in a flash and before I knew it lunch had rolled around. The only eventful thing hat happened today was an incident at the start of the day with a girl named Alisa. She was quite cute compared to the average girl but her personality was like sweaty socks, disgusting. I noticed Veronica entering the cafeteria not really sure where to go. I waved to her and called out, "Veronica! Over here!"

"I'm pretty sure the whole school heard you." She laughed as she sat down beside me.

"I don't care." I shrugged. I really didn't, Veronica's friendship was the only friendship I needed.

"Aren't you embarrassed to be friends with the weird mask girl with the tragic past?" She questioned. I assumed she was referring to the birthmark that made her wear her mask. I became sad at the thought. I didn't want her hiding her face. She should be proud of who she is even if she was born differently than the rest.

"I already know you're weird." I laughed. "But that's how we became friends and I wouldn't want it any other way."

Veronica looked like she was going to say something but the sound of a rusty hinge interrupted her. Oh wait, never mind it was just Alisa.

——————

I had finally escaped the annoyingly persistent Alisa. "She is so annoying." I vented. Veronica started laughing. I stared at her in confusion. "Are you laughing at my misery?"

She replied with a nod as she continued laughing. I pouted jokingly, "your so mean!" Her laughter seemed never ending. I smiled to myself looking at Veronica being so happy.

"Adorable." I muttered. Wait what? Veronica? Adorable? I must not be thinking straight after being around Alisa for so long.

"What'd you say? Sorry I couldn't hear." Veronica's laughing had started to die down.

"It nothing," I smiled shaking the idea out of my head. "Our next class is starting soon."

It was probably nothing, after all, its Veronica we're talking about, there's no way I could think she was cute in anyway.