25

I opened my eyes to find Wesley smiling down at me sleepily. "Good morning little Veronica." He laughed. "Did you sleep okay?"

I looked down at what I was sleeping on. My eyes met with Wesley's chest. I blushed and scrambled away in embarrassment. "I'm so sorry I didn't realize..."

"Don't worry, it was cute." Wesley laughed.

"Did all that really happen last night?" I asked not really sure if it was a dream or something.

"Yeah..." he looked into my eyes which made my heart beat fast. He but his lip nervously which made my heart beat even faster. I leaned in and gave him a small peck on the cheek before putting my cloak back on.

"So do we go on dates now?" I asked. "I'm still a bit confused about where we are."

"Well I guess..." he turned to me and looked me straight in the eyes. "Will you be my girlfriend?"

"Yes." I giggled. The answer was obvious. "But what do we do now?" I asked still unsure.

"I guess things don't change much... except I can do this now." He leaned in and landed a small kiss on my cheek. He laughed as I blushed.

"I guess you can... are we gonna tell people?" I was completely new to this.

So was he because he answered. "I don't know... I'm kinda new to this. I guess people don't need to know unless they ask, right? Although I might need to tell my parents... shoot!" His face showed a mix of concern and uneasiness. "I... I don't know if my parents will approve... they are just very strict on most things I do, especially who I'm with and..." his voice trailed off as his eyes shifted to mine. "There's something I'm not ready to share with you yet and I hope you understand that it's not because I don't trust you but it's because other people might not..." his face said I'm sorry.

"I..." I wasn't sure what to say, he was so vague about it all... but I trusted he would tell me if it truly affected me badly. "I trust you."

He smiled a genuine smile they picked me up bridal style then sitting me on his lap.

"Eek!" I was surprised by the sudden movement.

"I'll spend as much time as I can with you shortie." He flicked my nose.

"Hey!" I covered my nose. "What was that for?"

"I thought you were cute." He chuckled.

"Hmf!" I turned my head to his my blush.

He smiled and looked down. "Ah... what?" He looked at my shorts. "What are those?" He covered his nose as he blushed and looked away. "I can see your legs."

What? I looked down. Fudge! I forgot that in this world anything above your knees was practically inappropriate. I quickly covered my legs with the blanket

"Sorry, I forgot about that!" I apologized quickly. "Just pretend you never saw that!"

Wesley stayed silent looking away with blush running from his cheeks all the way to his ears. He covered his mouth with one hand.

"Sorry, I didn't see much..." he lied. I didn't care too much myself since I was used to wearing shorts and things like that but for Wesley's sake I made sure he couldn't see.

"We should go back... I didn't exactly tell Mr. Evan where I went so he might be slightly worried." I explained suddenly realizing the situation.

"Yeah..." he was still blushing and covering his mouth with one hand. "You go first, I ha e to cover the mattress and blankets with a tarp anyways."

"Here use this." I carefully controlled the vines so that they made a shelf. He rolled up the blanket and stored it in there. The mattress was really just a large cushion so he rolled that up too and put it in there. "I'll see you tomorrow at school." I waved goodbye and hopped down putting my mask back over my face in the process. I speed ran back to the house without anybody noticing me. It was still so early in the morning that almost nobody was awake. I carefully crept back in through my window.
Mochi woke up and looked at me. "Where were you?"

I blushed recalling my time spent with Wesley. "I was in the forest."

"With Wesley?" Mochi guessed.

"Wai- how did you know!?"

"It's written all over your face, you seem happy." Mochi replied. If rabbits could mock you and shrug, that would be exactly what Mochi just did.

"Is it really that obvious?" I asked

"Yeah, pretty much." Mochi said with what I assumed was a smug grin but on a bunny it was hard to tell with all the fur.

I sighed and plopped onto my bed. My thoughts turned to Wesley as I thought about last night. I blushed and his my face in my hands. "Why does he have to be so hot?" I asked no one in particular. Mochi ignored me and I realized he was asleep again. I changed back into pants and walked down stairs where I was greeted with Mr. Evan drinking coffee and reading a book.

"Oh, your awake." Mr. Evan noticed me.

Looks like he didn't even know I was gone. Living with Mr. Evan was different than living with Garret or Maria, Susan, Hailey, and Annabelle. I thought of them as family while I thought of Mr. Evan as the guy paying the rent who I saw around once a month. We were still on friendly terms but I didn't exactly care all that much.

"Yeah, I'm home." I smiled but this place wasn't home. Home was where ever I was happiest.