Chapter 27: Story Telling

I almost chocked.

So this is what Lila was trying to say.

The idea of me being a princess was comical. How could I be someone from a high up family, let alone the Lost Princess from Russia?

As a young girl, I have heard stories of how she was taking from the palace. Rumors of torture and magical beings were the main part of the story. I was so sure it was true but now that I know that it's me, I don't believe it so much.

My mind was blank. My wolf was hidden well in the back of my mind and she didn't comment anything at all.

So I was left to figure this mess out.

"Are you okay?" Grayson asks me placing a hand on the small of my back.

The question has me laughing. I meet his eyes and start to die laughing. How could he ask such a stupid question at a serious time like this? Or better question, how was I a princess?

Maybe I would wake up to Grayson by my side and none of this would be real. This would all be a stupid dream in my head.

But no matter how much I begged myself to wake up, it seemed that this was reality and I really was a princess.

Suddenly I stop laughing and stare off blankly in the distance. The gray wall became very interesting and I avoided making eye contact.

"Iris?" He called my name but I didn't listen. I was to warped up in my head. "Iris, love listen to me."

He keeps calling me over and over again, but hasn't he gotten the point yet? I was not in the mood to talk let alone interact with anyone.

Grayson calls my name again and I get irritated.

"What the heck do you want?!" My head whips around to be face to face with him.

A startled look crossed his to face and guilt grips my heart. He quickly masks it with a hard expression. "I have already notified the King and Queen. They should be here within the next few days. Plus your adoptive parents are coming to see how you are. They should arrive at the end of the day." He pauses for a second. "The only reason why I'm letting them in after they treated you, is because it could cause serious trouble if I don't."

As he spoke my jaw clenched tighter and tighter. I was so mad. How could he do this without my permission first? I thought we were on the same page and worked together and not apart.

As if reading my he says, "To remind you, you were asleep a few hours ago for several days so I couldn't discuss with you."

After not answering him he finally takes his hand in mine. "Please Iris, say something."

"How do you know?" I say in a soft whisper, still staring off into space.

"What?"

"How do you know?" I ask again but a little louder.

"Gracie took a blood test while you were sleeping. She said that she knew that you were adopted and didn't know who your parents were, so she decided to help." Grayson explains softly.

"I never told her that. How would she know?" I was sure confusion was on my face.

"I don't know, you would have to ask her." I look at my mate's face. Hesitation is written all over it.

"What is it?" I give him a straight face. "I can see it in your eyes. What are you hiding from me?"

He sighs and looks down at his hands, running them together slightly. "That's not the only thing that happened to you."