Chapter 5: Daycare Visitors

[Edited]

Hey! Yeah your still here!

~~~~

Since it's summer, my Mother has forced me to get a job.

It's not as bad as it seems, I work with children which I love. They are the kids of working warriors, servants, etc.

I work at the daycare every Wednesdays. It keeps me distracted and is a way out of dealing with my mother, kind of like an escape.

As I get up in the morning I turn on the speaker in my room to play my newest playlist on Spotify. With that, I put on minimal makeup and put on my outfit for the day.

People at the daycare are forced to wear their colors. The colors are blue and white, which isn't bad, but I barely have any of the colors in my closet.

I pick out a blue tank top and a blue and white flannel with white shorts.

Looking at my appearance, I fluff up my hair slightly to create volume in my hair that is much needed.

It's around seven in the morning, so my parents aren't awake.

My stomach growls lowly when I enter the kitchen. Last night I did not dinner so I was starving. I grab a protein drink and an apple.

That's healthy enough, right?

Hopping into my gray Lexus, I drive all the way to the daycare.

When I arrive at the building, I sign in at the front desk. The receptionist there and I are good friends.

"How's it going, Iris?" Says Autumn, the receptionist.

"Good. You?"

"It's going great!" Her hazel eyes light up. It's like she was dying for someone to ask. "I found my mate yesterday!"

Now that I've taken the time to look at her, I can tell that there is a unique ink print on her neck. Her brown hair was covering it before so I couldn't see it.

But she and her mate, did it fast.

"Who is it?" I ask.

She turns red. "You know Turner?" I nod. He was a nice why guy, very smart, but also very modest.

"Well, he's my mate, and he's the sweetest thing ever!" Her face is lit up like a christmas tree. I'm happy for her.

But also kind of jealous...

"I'm happy for you Autumn! I can't wait to see him!" She nods enthusiastically. "I have to go, bye!"

She waved at me and I take a right. The first room all the way at the end of the hallway is where I would be working with another girl, named Kayla.

Suddenly I heard screaming. It must be Max, a small kid that had emotions all over the place.

As soon as I open the door I see Kayla scowling none other, than Max.

"You can't hit other kids. You have to be nice." Kayla is African American and in her arms is a small child that is no older than four.

The little girl is crying in her arms and Max is wailing on the floor. I guess today is not a good day.

"Here." I say once I reach her. "Let me take her from you."

I take the raven hair girl from her arms and bring her to the corner where some of the other kids were.

Today we had a small bunch. Only five kids which was a surprise because we usually get ten to fifteen children. Maybe the Alpha was giving off days to some people.