Chapter 25: Heat

So I know I've been gone for a little while, but I'm back now and with a lot of updates(hopefully). This is my second time rewriting this chapter because my first attempt, I felt that it did fully capture what my characters were feeling and doing.

Hopefully this chapter will be better!

~~~~

I fall to the ground with a loud thump.

I didn't hear the rest of Lila's sentence, as much as I wanted too. I would have to ask her later.

"Iris!" I hear her call. Since no one else was in the room, it would be a few moments until someone came.

It was like my body was on fire. My lower half especially.

My mother use to tell me stories of how heat felt like. I understood to a degree, but once it happens to you, it's completely different. What I imagined in my head was nothing compared to this.

It was a pain that wouldn't go away, but kept getting worse. Plus I knew that my scent would change temporary too, attracting any unmated males to me. I doubted Grayson would like that very much.

My brain became foggy and need gripped me strong. My mind longed for Grayson but my body wanted anyone to stop the pain. Key word, anyone.

I think my body went into shock. Suddenly the burning wasn't burning anymore, but that I was standing in freezing weather. I curled into a fetal position and my teeth chattered

In the distance I could hear voices calling me, but I was too focused on getting warm again. My wolf was no help, she has gone silent in the back of my mind. She was probably feeling the same thing I was.

I closed my eyes as my body started to shake uncontrollably. I moved to lay on my stomach as I started to seize.

To be honest, I've seen other people do this. I was trained to help in this kind of situation. Now that I'm the one who's having a seizure, I don't know what to do.

All I could do was let my eyes roll to the back of my head and keep my arms glued to my side.

I noticed that they started to get worse the more I tried to stop them, so I stopped thinking and just let it play out.

It wasn't until I felt sparks when I finally forced my eyes open to look at the person.

It was Grayson and he was holding me in his arms. I look up at him in pure terror. Why would this stop? Why wasn't he making it stop?

My breaths became rapid and short. I was hyperventilating while having a seizure. Wasn't this just great?

Suddenly in the back of my head I hear a voice. Breath. In deep. Exhale. Calm down. The words repeated in the same pattern and I had a strong suspicion that it was my wolf. Who else would it be?

Slowly I got my body back under control and I was able to look around at my surroundings.

No longer was I in Lila and Lucas' room but I was in Grayson's. I was laying in the same spot I was not that long ago.

I could feel my mate's arm around my waist and my back pressed against his chest.

I let out a deep breath. I can feel his fans tighten around me.

"I thought I lost you, love." He whispered softly in my ear.

A deep inhale comes from me and A breathy answer is let out. "You'll never lose me."

Suddenly I'm being flipped over to face him.

We're so close together that I can see the worry lines and creases. His blue eyes reflect a slight outline of me and the bed. Grayson's hair is tussled, giving him that bad boy just woke up, kind of look.