Chapter 35: I Love You

If this song does sum up my entire love life I don't know what will :P

P.S this chapter isn't edited. Sorry😰😒
~~~~

"What is this?" Grayson asks me after a few moments of silent shock.

My heart pounded in my chest. I knew I should have told him earlier.

But didn't I leave that stupid notebook in the kitchen?

"Umm," I start.

"Because if it was up to me, I would say that this is my mom's journal."

That stopped me in my track. Obviously, he knew that it was his mom's journal, he was her son after all.

In my head, I tell myself how stupid I am and how I wish I would have been more discrete.

Grayson's lets his madness seep through the bond between us. Hot, fiery, anger overwhelmed me. I knew that I needed to explain.

I sigh. "Go change and I'll explain everything."

And that's what I do. Grayson looks at me with slight suspicion but I'm glad that he gives me the benefit of the doubt and changes quickly. I knew that if I explained while he was only in a towel, we would both be distracted and I wouldn't be able to put my point across.

Once he comes out and I beckon him to me, I explain everything. I tell him my suspicions that his mom is working with the enemy and also I told him about Frank, the man she was talking to on her phone when I first got there.

Suddenly his face gets white and his jaw drops. "What?" I ask him when he doesn't elaborate.

He looks at me dead in the eye and says, "That was the name of my father."

Now it's my turn to be shocked. What? But he died, at least that's what Grayson and Lila have told me.

I look at Grayson. He's staring off into space, his eyes blurry.

How am I suppose to explain to him about what's inside the journal? Does Grayson understand what she wrote?

"There's more," I say after a moment of silence.

"There is?" He snaps out of his daze and looks at me in the eyes. A pleading look begs me to explain.

"There's writing inside the journal, symbols that I don't understand but I'm sure you do," I say with a yawn.

Grayson looks at me sympathetically. He brings me into his lap which surprises me. Wasn't he mad that I didn't tell him about his mom?

"Continue my love." Grayson encourages me.

I sigh into his neck and smiled. I loved it when he called me that.

"I've already tried to interpret it but the symbols are irregular and don't have a pattern to them." Another yawn. "I put it in the kitchen shelf where all the other books are and I haven't touched it since. Someone must know that I have it or at least found it."

"It could be my mom," Grayson suggests. "She might know."

"Maybe, but I don't think your mom will be that blunt plus we don't even know for sure if she's working with them. Innocent until proven guilty, yes?"

"I still can't believe she's working with the bad guys. When can't be, right?" He whispers in my ear. A shiver runs down my spine.

"I don't know, Gray. All the signs say that she does." I rub my fingers calmly on his hand.

Silence. No one has a response but I figured that. I just have a crapload of information that could basically screw up his life. I was surprised that Grayson even considered the idea.