Chapter 28: Trouble

Explanation at the end*

Before we went to the dinner hall where my parents were I convinced Grayson to let me change.

I was in his sweat shirt and sweatpants and let just say, that I was dying inside there.

So I grabbed a cropped pink shirt and short shorts that would make my mother mad, but that was the point.

Grayson let out a slight growl when I came out in that clothing but I assured him that it was a one time thing and he agreed.

So far, the shift and every other injury that I've obtained, no scares, or any pain.

Maybe being the white wolf had its perks.

My wolf in the back of my head was growling at the thought of seeing mother again. She hates her with everything in her, but I've convinced her to leave mother alone.

Now, Grayson and I walk hand in hand down the corridor that leads to the dinning hall. I can smell their scents from here.

"Are you ready?" Grayson whispers to me. I take a deep breath and nod slightly. He nods to two guards who open the door to the room.

When I first take a glance inside I see mother sitting at the head of the table, where Grayson normal sits and father next to her on the left.

She already digging into the food in front of her and eating like a pig. Mother has defiantly gotten bigger and dark bags hang under her eyes which is unusual given her very dark complexion.

Father is sitting next to her, looking uncomfortable. The poor man has to deal with this woman for the rest of his life.

"Iris! My baby!" Mother exclaims as soon as she sees me.

She suddenly gets up and walks over to me to give me a hug. Her arms are open and a bright smile is on her face.

My arms stay down and stare at her with a blank face. She thinks that I have forgotten the way she treated me the last time, I was this close to attacking her.

Now my wolf was even more angry and wanted her blood but I refrained her from doing so, telling her that it would only upset out mate, which I know was far from the truth but it worked.

Her face falls and her arms come crashing down to her sides. It's like reality finally dawned on her.

An awkward silence passes between everyone in the room. "Don't think I have forgiven you from the last time, Mother."

When I say the word I mentally cringe. Now that I know the truth and I would be meeting my biological parents in a few days, it felt wrong to call her that.

A scowl appears on her face, nothing I didn't expect. "Don't forget who raised you and saved you from that awful orphanage."

In a second, dad is at my side. He reeks of body odor and after shave. Either he workout and didn't take a shower afterwards or he was sweating from the heat of California.

"I missed you honey." He grabs me and pulls me into him. For once I let him hug me. Even if he wasn't the best father, he still was there sometimes to defend me and help me with things that mom could never understand.

"I missed you too dad."

After our hugging, all of us made our way towards the table. Mother was moved to sit next to dad, the butler claimed that this chair was more comfortable than the last one.

I silently laughed at her. I took a seat to the left of Grayson and slowly eat into my food. Of course while I'm eating, Mother has to make a few comments about how much I'm eating and how much weight I needed to lose.