Chapter 2

The dance club would not have been Korra's first or even second choice. The loud thrum of the bass reverberated through her head as they wandered through the crowd. She much preferred eclectic bars that served nachos and had shuffleboard or darts. Asami had told her that was too hipster and had dragged her over to the newest nightclub.

"What the hell are we doing here?" she yelled over the music.

Asami glanced back at her and smiled. "Just follow me!" She led Korra through the crowd to the back of the bar. They stopped at the counter and ordered drinks before going upstairs to the quieter second floor. The music still could be heard, but did not drown out all other noise.

"That's better," Korra said. She picked a table and sat down on a barstool, placing her beer down on the tabletop. "Now why don't you tell me the terms of our little arrangement? I want to get this over with."

"Oh come on. This place isn't so bad. Just because they're not playing folk music-"

"The music isn't even the problem." Korra crossed her arms defensively. "Though if they start playing dub-step, I'm out of here."

Asami hauled herself up on a barstool opposite of Korra. She placed down her cosmopolitan and brushed her hair out of her face. "Fair enough. Now, stop pouting. You're going to lose this bet way too fast if you look like you aren't enjoying yourself."

"Well, I'm not enjoying myself at the moment."

Asami laughed. "I said look like it. Do you think anyone here is really as happy as they look? I mean, you hear enough people's problems on the air that you should know better."

Korra forced herself to break into an abnormally wide smile. Asami winced. "Now that just looks creepy." Korra chuckled and settled into a neutral expression. "I guess that's better." Asami studied her for a moment. "Now, it wouldn't be fair to judge you on just one attempt, so we'll give you three. Three strikes and I win. But, you only need to win once."

"What do you consider 'winning?'" Korra raised a brow. "Do I have to sleep with them, or-"

"Just get a phone number," Asami interrupted. "All you have to do is get one person's phone number."

"That shouldn't be too hard." Korra rolled her shoulders and took a swig of her beer. "Let's do this."

"Get to it, tiger."

Korra shot her a glare before walking off toward a crowd of people. They had gathered around a pool table and watched two men finish off what looked like to be a close game against one another.

Without trying to be too conspicuous, Korra managed to work her way to the front of the crowd. One man currently prowled the edge of the pool table, cue in hand. "Scuze me hon," he said to Korra, flashing her a smile.

"Oh, no worries." She smiled back and stepped aside. He bent over and angled the cue, displaying his impressive biceps.

Eat your heart out, Asami. Korra tried to keep from smiling like an idiot, but it was hard knowing she already had a decent looking guy flirting with her, or at least it seemed that way. He took the shot, sending one of the colored balls into a pocket.

Everyone cheered and he straightened, pumping his fist into the air in victory. "Nice shot!" Korra said.

"Thanks." The man stepped back and examined the pool table. "You got any suggestions on which ball I should sink next?" His opponent rolled his eyes and crossed his arms.

"Well, number five looks to be the easiest shot from here," Korra said, pointing at the ball.

"Thanks. I'll give it a try." He walked over to the other side of the table, bent over, and took the shot. The ball missed the pocket and bounced off the side of the table. He shrugged as the spectators groaned. "It was a good suggestion anyways," he said, giving Korra a nod. "I appreciate it."