22. Jace

She was running so fast across the woods chasing him. She could smell his fear coming at her like waves. That fuelled her adrenaline, she loved a good chase. He was shit scared, she could tell with the number of times he turned his head behind. She was going to teach him a lesson, nobody played her like that. Ready for the kill, she splinted faster and was on his heels in no time. When he turned to look back again he let out a frightened screech not expecting her to be so close. Grabbing him by the neck he dragged him back amidst protests and kicking. Tying his hands and legs he threw him in the water and smirked as he thrashed and screamed. When he was almost drowned he turned to her with the harshest glare and pure hatred etched on his face. It was Dave.

Alex woke with a start. Her heart was pounding so fast. She was soaked with sweat and the sheets were all tangled around her. That had been a vivid nightmare, she could still hear his screams in her head. Her entire body was shaking. She had killed her father with a smug look on her face. She knew it was a dream but it had felt so real.

Great,now her failed suicide attempt had to be replayed at night. How great indeed. Setting her feet on the floor, she stood cautiously and walked to the bathroom. Her limbs were still shaking, this had been the worst so far. In the previous nightmares she had to watch him die all over again but today she was the one to kill him.

Stripping down she got under the shower and allowed the scorching water to relieve her muscles. Her mind was going bananas. Alex had always thought that maybe if they had diagnosed his dad earlier enough, there could have been a chance to save him. Maybe if she was observant enough things could have gone differently. She couldn't help the tiny twinge of guilt in her mind. His dad had always been very observant, always noticing the slight changes in her. She had not returned the favour.

Not allowing the thoughts to linger for long, she dried herself and found an old tee to wear. Checking her phone, it was 6 in the morning. Four hours of sleep, that was an improvement. More than good. Grabbing the bedsheets for wash she walked barefoot to the laundry. The rate at which she was going through her sheets was more than she liked but with how wet they were it'd be gross to sleep on them again.

Leaving them to wash, she walked to the kitchen to get coffee. It was no use going back to sleep, maybe she'd find something to occupy her mind. With a steamy cup of coffee she sat on top of the counter facing outside. She normally had a good view of the water in the distance but it was still early to see past the fog.

"Good Morning to you, where's my coffee?" The unexpected rusty voice jolted her from her wandering thoughts and the sudden movement sent the hot coffee cascading down her bare thighs. "Son of a bitch, did I tell you not to sneak on me like that!!" Screaming her head off she jumped down and rushed to the bathroom leaving him stranded in the kitchen. It was so painful she couldn't help the tears running down her face.

She was going to murder that idiot. She had forgot she had company, it had completely slipped her mind. Letting the cold water numb the pain, she stood under the shower the second time within a 20 minute time frame. Praying that she wouldn't get permanent scarring, she dubbed herself and got out to look for skin ointment. What a good way to start her day,she thought sarcastically.

Rummaging through the drawers, she could remember having some ointment of some sort. Her thighs were so red but luckily they had not sustained an open injury.

"Open up please and let me help, I didn't mean to do that am sorry." Spotting the cream bottle at last she continued to ignore the guy at the door. Reading the instructions written on the bottle, it could be used on various injuries as long as it was not on open wounds. Sitting on the bed, she applied a good portion on both thighs. It hurt like a bitch and she was going to need painkillers. Great, just great.

Putting on panties this time, she grabbed another long tee and stumbled out of the bedroom. The simple task of walking left painful tingles across her body. Going back to the kitchen, she found the culprit cleaning the mess. "What are you still doing in my house?" Alex had never been a rude person but the combination of her recent expenditures and this stranger on an early morning was way too much.

"Hey Alex I am sorry, I honestly didn't mean to scare you, am so sorry." Turning to her he had the most guilty face on him. Not that she cared, she just wanted him out. "I asked why you're still here, its daylight you can find your way home." It was so early for all this to be happening, she just wanted to sulk in peace.

"Well about that, I still need to borrow your phone, sorry for the inconveniences." Scratching his head he looked genuinely sorry. He had erased his smirk and she couldn't tell if she liked him better with it. Whoa stop right there, like, when did I like this idiot? "Whatever, use it quick and leave." Retrieving it from the counter she handed him and went to make a fresh cup of coffee.

"Please let me do that, its the least I can do for causing all that trouble." Placing the phone back on the counter, he offered to make the coffee. Huffing she sat down at the small dining table not bothering to thank him. Yea, it was the least he could do after forcing himself in her house.

"How did you know my name anyway, I don't recall telling you?" Alex asked remembering he'd called her by her name. "Well since you failed to tell me, I took the reins to snoop around when I woke up. It's wise to know who you're sharing a house with." Turning towards her he smirked slightly, and Alex rolled her eyes at that. At least the jerk was back she thought as they waited for the coffee to be ready.