eleven.

"What kind of game are you playing?" Keanu asked Johnny when they went out for lunch.

"You have to be a bit more specific." Johnny said, biting into his burger.

"Cut your shit." River said, throwing a fry at him.

Johnny chuckled and wiped his mouth. "Okay, okay. Geez.. I don't know what to tell you, other than there's something about her - she's not exactly innocent but she's damn near close." He shrugged, taking a sip of his root beer.

"Basically you want to corrupt her. Is that it?" Keanu leaned forward.

"You're misunderstanding me, man." Johnny frowned. "Let me flip it around.. What are you two getting out of her, hmm? She gives you a sense of being grounded, doesn't she?"

River slightly fidgeted.

"See." Johnny pointed at him, before going back to his food. "You two have spent more time with her, so you know her better than me. But face it, she's a magnet."

Pausing for a second, he continued, "Clearly she isn't meant to be with only one of you. I'm sure that guy from the party will say the same."

Keanu rolled his neck and gave River a look. It's not like they could deny what he was saying. Magnolia didn't demand nor want anything from anyone, but maybe a little of their time.

It was refreshing.

"We care about her, man, and we won't allow people to take advantage of her. You understand where we're coming from - friends to friend, right?" Keanu finished, looking Johnny in his eyes.

Johnny didn't look away nor did his eyes falter, but he gave him a curt nod that he understood.

______

Miles away.

"Thank you for coming." She told Tony as they were laying back on the blanket. Magnolia had spent some time taking pictures and people watching.

"Anything for my girl. You know that I love spending time with you." Tony said, with his eyes closed. "What's your plans for the 6th of next month?"

"Work?" She asked.

"Nah, it's a Sunday, so we'll be off."

"Probaby nothing then."

Tony opened his eyes and turned on his side to look at her. "We should hit up a concert."

"Which one?"

"That's the thing." Tony smiled at her. "I want to surprise you."

Magnolia grimaced. "I don't like crowds and I like to control the volume of my music. If someone is gonna blast my eardrums, it's gonna be me."

"You're insanely annoying." Tony chuckled, watching Magnolia smile.

"Someone likes it." She said, sticking her tongue at him. "I'll entertain your concert trip."

• • •

A few days later, River sat at the top of his bed playing his guitar, while Magnolia looked through her pictures. Keanu, was off to film scenes for another movie.

"It's a draw between these three pictures.." Magnolia said softly to herself.

River hummed and stopped playing only to write down some lyrics.

"You can like all three, babe." River said, after hearing her sigh. She had spent the last 45 minutes figuring out which effect she liked best.

Although he appreciated Stanley's advice, on finding her style, he didn't want her to worry about perfection while she was in her beginner's learning stage.