not an update, but the need to write this is very high.

* * *

[Trigger warning:
sexual abuse and murder-suicide.]

__________________________

Author's Note: I had to take a break..

I'm a firm believer that actors/actresses need acting coaches that are able to separate them from their roles. Many of them will tell you this themselves.

I feel the same about writers.

This is the first time that I felt the need to step back, as a writer, from a subject - this is saying something because I can write some dark things when needed.

Researching into River's childhood is just sad as fuck.

If you're wondering why I'm writing River, the way that I am in this story.. This is why.. From what I've read about him, River seemed to love the idea of being genuinely loved.

It led down a rabbit hole of me seeing a disgusting book from those monsters in that same cult that the Bottom [their original last name before changing it to Phoenix] family were in.

After that, I went on to see some of the video diary of a 29-year-old man. His name was Ricky Rodriguez, and he was the toddler that was in that book. I plan on watching the full video, but it was just sad. Even with him being calm about it, knowing that he was talking about and would later go on to commit suicide just felt.. yeah.

It's just sick what he went through from birth. I will die on this hill: sexual predators should be jailed for life, at minimum. To be honest, I really feel that they need to experience worse than that.

Ricky should have been protected..
Everyone, who has experienced sexual assault on any level, should have been protected.

I hope, with everything in me that he and others like him, are at peace.

It's times like this where I really hope that there is an afterlife.. Innocent and harmless people deserve the peace that they weren't able to get while being on this hellhole.

• • •

Regarding the story - I will be updating this weekend. I just needed to speak on that.