Just turn around and run

  After getting ice cream with Steve, who ended up pouring his heart out to Lauren. She decided to call it a day and head home, having dealt with enough shit already.

Steve on the other hand went back to school, probably to find Nancy and attempt to get some closure.

"I'm home!" Lauren announced as she walked in, knowing full well that no one was going to respond.

"looks like its just you and me, Mewsy" she said as she bent down to pet the cat.

The girl spent the day doing a lot of chores and singing along to some of her mom's records.

She waited for Dustin to come home, but as time passed the young boy was nowhere to be seen.

Lauren began to feel worried, but she didn't know what to do. Before she could get the chance to call her mother she froze.

She felt a coldness spread throughout her as she closed her eyes. The small pain in her leg completely vanished and when her eyes fluttered open she was in the upside down and it was dark as shit.

"Fucking assholes are opening the god damn fucking gate!" She yelled at no one in particular as she ran to her front door and put on her shoes.

 She grabbed a knife from the kitchen before walking out of the house. She looked up at the foggy sky to see the creature still looming above Hawkins, but this time it seemed to be on the other side of town.

Lauren felt her heart drop when she realized where the creature was. "Shit!" she screamed, the possibility of her and Will getting the same episodes finally registering in her mind.

She took off at full speed, completely ignoring her fear of the upside down as her mind was set on one thing only.

  When she reached the school, Lauren saw Will as he ran outside of the building. His eyes were wide and filled with fear, and when he saw Lauren they grew wider.

"Will!" Lauren shouted as she started running over to him, but immediately stopped when Will stopped running.

He looked like he was in a deep state of thought before he slowly looked up to meet Lauren's eyes.

Lauren stood a few feet away, her heart beating rapidly at the horrifying scene of the monster above the school.

"Will?" Lauren asked, tilting her head as she furrowed her eyebrows. Will slowly turned so that he was facing the monster.

"Will! What are you doing!?" Lauren screamed, confused as to what the young boy was trying to do.

"Go away!"

"Go away!" Will screamed at the shadow and Lauren didn't know what to do.

"Will! Run! Please just run!" Lauren pleaded as the alarms in her head urged her to run the other way. She looked around worriedly, thinking of any possible way to capture his attention.