Questions

Y/N

You don't know why you step in front of Jungkook. You just feel some kind of foreign sensation wash over you, placing you in a protective state. Maybe it's because of all the time you spent as a Captain. You literally cared for your agents like children, shielding them with your life. That's certainly what came over you when  you decided to step into a throbbing world of pain in your stomach.

Right?

These are the last thoughts that remain clear in your mind as everything becomes blurry and disoriented.

You had forgotten how much it hurt to get shot.

You start to fall to the ground, only to be caught by a pair of strong, warm arms.

Then you start to hear blazing gunshots.

Your eyes are heavier than the heaviest of weights but they still somehow manage to widen a little in panic.

"A-are they," you weakly start.

"No, you're safe now, the squads came back. Hang on, Y/N, alright? I'm going to bring you out so we can bring you back to base," Captain Jeon replies to you. You can tell that he's attempting to hold on to his cold front, but you feel the hint of worry in his voice.

Ever since you left your old segment, you felt like you were walking into a new, strange world. You knew that it was going to be hard to find people you truly cared for and people who cared about you like that as well. Someone who can be there to assure you that everything's alright, someone who will comfort you when you feel like you're being ripped into unrecognizable shreds, mentally and physically.

So when you hear Jungkook's tone, even though he's trying to hide his concern, and you register the fact that he called you by your first name, you feel your conciousness falling into a deep void of comfort and warmth, before you start to feel lightheaded and everything goes black.

Jungkook

I stare at Y/N's unconscious body connected to several tubes and hooked up to that annoying beeping machine I don't know the name of. I really want to smash it to pieces, but I do know that as long as that thing continues with the beeping, it means that her heart's still beating.

The nurses did offer to mute it, but I refused. The consecutive beeping is really scratching at my eardrums, but it's kind of like my assurance. It's reminding me that she's alive and not dead because of me.

I move a strand of dark hair away from her face.

I really did dislike Y/N before, I wasn't even concerned when I thought she died like the others. But when she took that bullet for me, something inside me just changed. I don't know what it is, I just know that giving her the cold shoulder isn't fair anymore. After all, she's lying in this hospital bed because of me. I'm also healthy and very alive because of her.

But my suspicions still linger.

I hold her small hand, scarred with new and old wounds.

Why are you here, Y/N? Who are you? Why did everyone else in our squad die but you and me? How did you kill those guys? How did you disable the traps? Why the hell did you save me? How did the squads arrive at the exact right moment...

I clench my jaw furiously.

Head Kim.

He must be behind this. I knew this mission was sketchy the second I stepped foot into that building.

He must be getting bold with his actions now, huh?

But what can he possibly be planning? All the things he's been doing just don't connect.

And I know one person who most likely knows the answers to my questions.

Hospitalized or not, I will get those answers.