Suspicion

Y/N

Your eyes slowly flutter open and they immediately squint at the annoying, blaring light taking over the room you're in.

"You're awake," a low, familiar voice says. But it sounds like it's lacking something.

You fully open your eyes and glance around to find that your in one of the base's hospital rooms.

Then your gaze lands on a bulky figure lounging on a chair beside your bed.

Captain Jeon. The guy who put you in this hospital bed.

He's just staring at you, but again, his stare is lacking something.

Something cold.

"Thank you," he suddenly blurts.

You just stare at him with your brows knitted.

You never expected a word like that to leave his mouth.

"Your... welcome," you reply, making the already awkward situation even more awkward.

"How long was I out?" you ask.

"Four days," he simply replies.

Your eye contact doesn't break for a while, both of you afraid to be the first to look away. Until he seems to make a mental decision and abruptly stands up, putting one hand on each side of your head, leaning over you.

Your eyes widen as his face moves until it's only inches from your face.

"Tell me everything you know about that fake mission and Head Kim's plan. Now. I know that you know more than you let on," Captain Jeon growls.

You stare at him in confusion.

"What the hell are you talking about?" You ask.

His stare grows even darker.

"Stop. Playing. Dumb."

You glare at your Captain in disbelief.

"Okay, I don't know who you think I am, but if that mission seemed planned out to you or something, how would I have any part in it? Do you remember how much it hurts to be shot, or has it been too long? Do you need me to shoot you?" you ask, fire burning behind your eyes.

"No, I don't need a reminder. I need answers," he replies.

"What kind of answers do you want?!" you shout in frustration, earning a sharp pain in your stomach in return.

You wince and fall back on the bed, lightly holding your stomach.

You didn't even notice how much you had leaned up towards a sitting position to get up into the jerk's face.

Captain Jeon's eyes soften, but his hands don't leave the sides of your head.

"I don't... I want to trust you, Y/N. But I don't know what to think anymore. Everything that's happened has been messing with me, and then you show up. I know you're lying about who you are for sure, which leads me to suspect you. But then you do things like taking bullets for me and then I start to question whether you're just a good actor or you're actually just really loyal to your boss. Or maybe you just cared and I- I don't know. I want answers but I don't know how much you know and I know you won't tell me anything-"

"Jeon has feelings," you smirk.

His glare returns, earning a frustrated sigh from you as well.

"I-" you start.

You look him in the eyes.

"Can I trust you?" you ask warily.

"Of course," he answers immediately.