Greece x King Male Reader: A Gentle Reign

"All hail Βασιλιά (King) (Y/N)!"

The new king smiled sheepishly as he waved to his subjects. (Y/N) was ushered into the palace by his attendants. The festivities continued inside as well as out. Wine was poured into gold plated chalices. By the end of the night, there were more than a few people collapsed on the floor. (Y/N) had to get a few of his servants to help him get the partygoers home safely.

The king yawned before making his way to his own bed. He feel back on the bed and was enveloped in silks. (Y/N) closed his eyes and almost immediately fell asleep.

~~~

"Good morning, Βασιλιά. I brought figs and a drink to help with your hangover."

"Thank you."

(Y/N) downed the drink and set the glass down.

"What is your name?"

"Heracles, Βασιλιά."

"Why do you call me that?"

"Because you are the king."

"Oh, right, sorry."

Heracles was taken aback by the sudden apology that escaped the king's lips.

"Are you okay?"

"Uh, yes, nobody of your status has ever apologized to me before."

"Oh! I'm sorry."

Heracles smiled.

"It's alright. Oh right! You have a few guests in the dining room waiting for you."

"Will you join me down?"

"It is my job to do whatever you ask."

"But do you want to join me?"

"Um, sure. I'll join you."

Although (Y/N) seemed nice, Heracles didn't want to risk getting on the king's bad side. (Y/N) and Heracles made their way to the dining room and was greeted by many upperclass elites.

"(Y/N), my boy, how does it feel to be the king of Greece?"

"It's almost like a dream, it doesn't feel quite real."

"Ah ha! Of course it does! Once you get into full swing of things it will be exhilarating! Y'know, I was supposed to be next in line for the throne, but I rejected it because I wanted to have any woman I wanted without anyone judging me! Now when I think about all the ladies I can have, my body just-"

"That is more than enough, Maverick, and on behalf of all the women in the world, may I just say, ew. Pardon me for not introducing myself, your majesty, my name is Hestia, named after the goddess, I am your ambassador for foreign affairs."

"Nice to meet you, Hestia."

(Y/N) smiled widely which caused Hestia to blush.

"Sir, I am Alastair, your chief advisor for military."

"You're doing a very fine job."