7.2 AIJA

The story so far: 

---- Aija is a Volunteer at the Pristine School at Innermost. She works along with Zuri and Ze, who are her friends.

---- Aija witnesses a strange event one night – light emanating from Rez's body. The kidnapper is after her next, but he leaves her alive and goes away. Another man finds her, he wants to take her somewhere else - Aija though wary of him agrees.

---- Aija learns of the existence of the aliens – the Ytai. Also, about the R'ies and H'eon, Harvesting and Àvo from Etrie

---- Etrie tells her that the man, who Harvested Rez (Thieron), will now go after her. He tells her that the spy/kidnapper's name is Luka.

---- Etrie asks her to work along with him.

✽✽✽

****7.2 - Aija****

Lightning lit up the sky, and Aija flinched slightly.

"Oh no!" she said out loud. She had forgotten to ask Etrie about the car. She would have to ask him the next time she met him; if she met him.

Aija was still unsure whether she would go when Etrie called her. It had been a week, and he hadn't contacted her yet.

She let out a breath as she looked at the plants all around her. This glasshouse had been one of her favorite spots, growing up. She would come with her brother and their dog Terra and spend hours, sometimes chasing each other and often just laying down and watching the clouds race by or trying to see shapes in those slow-moving clouds. There were days when she would wish she could go back to being a child; to go back to a time when things had been much simpler. She wished to spend more time with her older brother like they used to.

Her Scroll vibrated. It was her youngest brother, Asahi.

"Answer call," she commanded, pulling the device to its whole length and placing it to her ear.

"Aija," Asahi's sweet voice came through the device. "Where are you?"

"The glasshouse," she replied. "I'll come home when it stops raining."

"Okay. Stay safe," Asahi said, echoing what Aija often told him.

"Yes, yes..." she laughed. He was a sweet kid.

Asahi wasn't in the class she sometimes took care of when the teacher was on holiday. But, she managed to see him sometimes at school. He was a bright student, and it made her happy that she got to see him at school once in a while. She also got to see her younger brother Avi, who was older than Asahi.

When the rain tapered down, she went into her house. It was a big mansion with a vast lawn and backyard. It also housed a swimming pool and a greenhouse. She had always assumed that all houses everywhere were as big as hers - like the ones she'd seen in Innermost. But, when she had gone out of Innermost – thanks to the humanoid alien Etrie – she had noticed that the houses were way smaller and older.

Her oldest sibling – her only sister Vaya, was visiting them along with her five-month-old daughter. Vaya had married two years ago, and now she was on a year and a half long maternity leave from her studies. She had been studying medicine just like her older brother, Rei.

She found no one around, except for Asahi, who was completing his homework on his DigiBook.

"I'm bored," he said as soon as he caught sight of her walking into the study; a huge square room with ceiling to floor windows, filled with books – the ones made from paper; most of them inherited, some bought for a significantly enormous amount of money.